• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not very hungry today mum

runnybabbit

Alpha Buck
Do bunnys have not very hungry days?

Candy is eating. We have kind of rituals in our house, I put our meal on the table and Candy hops back into her cage and waits for her to be brought out. Now she still doing this and is eating some but not as much as usual, she is eating hay, chewing her news paper and if we offer her any of her treats, herbs, sultanas, dried apple that kind of thing she woolfs it down. She is pooping and weeing as normal and is running, playing and attacking my daughter as usual. Is there anything to worry about or is she just having a Not very hungry day ????

if she is eating her hay then I would be inclined to think she is fine, just having a less hungry day :D if she wasnt eating at all that is very different, and could be stasis...needs vet attention PDQ :shock:

runnybabbit said:
bunnylove said:
what does her belly feel like karen?

Tummy just feels like normal, firm but not hard and defo not squishy or fulidy

how about lumpy? like she has the beginning of stasis, i would be tempted to give her some infacol if you have it and maybe a tummy massage, and offer her her favs, and see hoe she goes..... the problem with bunnies one minute they are fine and then the next....and they go down quick! :cry:

Eve x

thanks eve,

I'm keep my eye on her, can't find anything tho, tummys not lumpy, it's just thats she not eating her normal amount. When she dose eat shes digging down for her fav bits of veg and chomping away.

She's still running around and has today started doing unspeakable things to Amys fury cardigan and her blanket..... she's never done this before, I wonder if it's hormones, only dawned on me then when I looked at her with her blanket :oops: :oops:

runnybabbit said:
thanks eve,

I'm keep my eye on her, can't find anything tho, tummys not lumpy, it's just thats she not eating her normal amount. When she dose eat shes digging down for her fav bits of veg and chomping away.

She's still running around and has today started doing unspeakable things to Amys fury cardigan and her blanket..... she's never done this before, I wonder if it's hormones, only dawned on me then when I looked at her with her blanket :oops: :oops:

take it shes not spayed then!

Hope all goes well on the 11th ... my babys is on monday the 3rd.. I dont know whose more scared lol
Hope her eating habits pick up soon - probzbly is just hormones or shes being fussy lol and the new man in her life is adorably cute!

If you are concerned about what your rabbit is eating it is always a good idea to give their litter tray a clean out, that way you can keep an eye on their output very easily.

Back