• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

****HELP ME!!!!****

Hi

i am kind of new!!!
can some one tell me how to prepere a rabbit for a show and tell me if my rabbit is pure breed or pet!!!????

reply for more details

beth x x

That's easy, have a look at your bunnies back legs. If there is a ring with a number on around the anckle then your rabbits it a 'pedigree' rabbit. Though that doesn't necessarily mean it's good enough to win a show. You're rabbit needs to have been rung (be wearing a ring) to be shown in breed classes. But lots of shows have pet classes that any rabbit can enter and these are judged on things like health instead of looks :)

Tam

Again I think it depends on whether you are showing in a breed class or a pet class, so what Tams said is important. If you're showing in a pet class, the fact that your bunny has been digging in the garden and has muddy feet will probably not matter a jot, but it will matter if you are showing a pure white bunny in a breed class! If your bunny is in a pet class, then I don't think you should have to do anything other than what a good bunny mummy should be doing anyway, maybe a quick brush to remove any loose moulting fur, but not a lot else. Rabbits really shouldn't be washed as such, they get cold very quickly and it can make them ill, and it is also very stressful for them - there are a few people here who show purebred bunnies, so I'm sure they can shed some light on how they prepare their bunnies :D

Hiya,

The BRC can provide information on the shows in your area and specifics about entering pet classes and what you need to do: http://www.thebrc.org/

You shouldn't bath your rabbit. For pets, really it's just the things you would usually do like groom it and make sure it's nails are the correct length. If they're a bit grubby then a damp clothe might help :)

Tam

Thank you so much u have help me!!!

by the way if you wish to see my rabbit it is
called floyed and is on one of the pictur pages!

beth x x :D

You'd be better entering her in a pet rabbit show first to see how it gets on and get her used to it. There are really strict rules for rabbits being shown in non pet shows and they MUST BE RUNG! Pet shows don't need rung rabbits. Also they expect white pads on the feet, the yellow and green staining can be removed with white vinegar.
Look up the standard on the tbr site to see if yours fits it. Where did you get bunny? If it was from a breeder, give them a ring and ask them, they should also be bale to give you lots of advice on showing.
If it was from a pet shop, you can guarentee it's not pure bred.

Pet shows are a lot of fun though and you don't need a pure bred rabbit, it will usually do well if it is healthy and well behaved.

Back