• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone help this rabbit? (And what is the person up to?)

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Hello
Just seen this ad on freeads- http://household.uk.freeads.net/user_search.php?screenname=rosiecracker&adid=252634

a lady in mansfield wants to find a home for her 3 year old mini lop doe asap- this is the fourth ad in march that she has placed for this rabbit- first one asks for £70 and the price goes down in the next few and now her ad today says free to good home.
Would anyone be interested in her? It sounds a bit desperate.

What confuses me is that looking at her list of ads she is first of all asking for a friend for her rabbit, and then a few days later has decided to sell her....and then she places an ad wanting a breeding pair of french lops. Hmmm

It looks to me like she`s a breeder, 1. Because she wants a pair of breeding frenchies 2) this then explains why she only wants the mini go to a pet home, as often breeders don`t want others to use thier bloodline.
She`s obviously desperate to get rid of this rabbit and was trying to make money buts probably now realised she isn`t going to get what she wants and just wants shot!
I could be totally wrong but it`s just the feeling i get. :?

Su.x

Thats what I thought Su, but didn't realise breeders don't want others to use their bloodline.
Poor bunny, I was a bit worried that she might end up dumping it as she's already placed 4 ads.

She`s obviously desperate to get rid and i really do hope some will give her a good home as i hate to think what will happen otherwise! :(

Su.x

mandy said:
Thats what I thought Su, but didn't realise breeders don't want others to use their bloodline.
Poor bunny, I was a bit worried that she might end up dumping it as she's already placed 4 ads.

In all fairness, I feel that information is incorrect.

Any genuine and reputable breeder would want their bloodline to be continued (obviously with keen interest into how their bloodline would be continued).
It is very easy to mask over the title 'breeder'. Please note, they're are many different types of breeders out there, sadly most not being reputable and genuine. However, please be careful not to over generalise in such cases.

I have met some truely amazing reputable breeders throughout the years, who really do go out of their way to help, advise and educate others and members of the public, and who show huge responsibility, love, and commitment to their rabbits.
The other side of the coin is, I have also met some terrible 'breeders'...who in my mind, completely undo all the hard work and commitment the true reputable ones do do.
It is these cowboy breeders that then lead to these over generalised views.

Just my opinion and experience here :)

I have no doubt there are some good breeders out there. The not so good breeders I've met have just started with a pair of bunnies from anywhere and let them " get on with it," and then sold the babies for high prices. Sometimes the breeders don't mean to be doing harm, they just don't know what they are doing :roll: then when they realize it's not a case of getting any 2 rabbits from anywhere and breeding babies they panic or can't be bothered to do things properly.
I wish there were more reputable breeders out there. I also wish the not so reputable ones would research things properly before going ahead and producing litters of bunnies.
I hope the bunny in the ad finds a home. My little man was from a breeder who wanted rid before the next litter arrived :( if he hadn't of found a home he would have had his neck rung to make space :shock: :cry: :cry: he was the runt and couldn't be shown or bred from.

:oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry Veronica, i didn`t mean to cause any offence.
I know there are good breeders out there but as you say there are also bad ones, and i did say i could be totally wrong, i`m just talking from personal experience with bad breeders that i`ve had and the attitudes they had towards their rabbits. And this is what it looked like to me.

An apologetic Su.x

I e-mailed the lady giving the details of her local rescue centre if she's desperate. She replied saying:

hi i would but ive got no transport

But...in one of her ads asking for the french lop as a friend she says 'will travel for right rabbit'.

I suppose her circumstances may have changed since that ad, which might be linked to why she's getting rid of her.

Or...she's hoping that I will come and get it- unfortunately I do not have a car myself.

Hello everyone,

we are in nottingham and we have just mailed this lady asking for more info.
We will be able to foster her temporarily and who knows possibly giving her a permanent home in ours or our parents garden.

We will keep you posted with news

Thank you Suzanne, thats really great that you may be able to help her. :D

Please do post how you get on. By the way she did have a phone number on the ad too if she doesn't get back to you by e-mail- 07013 106523.

Only thing is - she might be desparate to get rid of the bunny, for the simple reason she needs the space to breed more.

Back