• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Even bigger

Karly

Banned
I recently bought yet another pen to add to the buns' run! I was considering adopting a little Nethie near me but unfortunately just haven't had the time to work on the bun shed (and no more space in here) so I told the rescue not to reserve her and she's been reserved by someone else. I'm glad she's got a new home as she's a little incisorless bun and the possiblity of frequent dentals for her molars may put some people off. So I ordered in the pen at my old job for her to move into, but now it's just joined the others for their run outside.
I originally had the one to give Joey some extra space as he was living in an indoor bunny cage before I bonded him with Nina. I would've let him have free run of the room but he has a nasty habit of biting through the bars of the crate so I had to pen him in for the other buns' safety!
I then bought another and used the two of them joined together for runs outside - they have the benefit of me being able to sit inside but tall enough that the buns don't jump out, and can be made any shape and folded up when not in use. They don't have a lid so require me to be supervising all the time when the buns are in it, but even with a regular run I wouldn't want to leave them as I live surrounded in farmland so plenty of foxes and rats!
I ended up buying yet another to expand it, and then with this new one I've got 4 - and a MASSIVE run as a result!
They have to take turns in it as I've got the two groups that don't get along, wishing I'd ordered another one while I could still get the staff discount as then I'd have two fairly good size runs for when I didn't have time to have them out one group at a time, but then again they'll be having their own enclosure built in the Summer and moving out to their bunny shed!
Here it is! Tried all the buns together as they've been out in the run before (when I had the 3 panels) and were fine, but now that Nina and Joey are bonded they both get a bit overprotective of each other.
P1010137.jpg

And some of the toothless trio enjoying the sunny day.
P1010138.jpg

P1010143.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010157.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010200.jpg

(excuse the sleeping bags - it was really windy and I was worried the buns would get a bit chilly so made my own wind blocks :lol: )

Back