• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fresh Greens

pepsi

Alpha Buck
Hi All :D
sorry another can they cant they question, I went to tescos yesterday and bought a bag of FRESH GREENS they are basically like leaves, are these ok for my bun? Im sure i read that they are, but have been searching and cannot find a post about them... :?
Thanks xx
Lou :D

Excellent, thank you! :D
She will have them for her dindins tonight!!! Yum yum!
Where do you guys get your carrot tops from?
The only place i could find them was Tesco's and Pepsi loved them but i went there last night, and they havent got any carrots with the tops. I have also been to Asda and a green grocers and they didnt have carrot tops either :?

Yep mine eat spring greens most days - they are particularly cheap from Asda.

I usually get carrot tops from a local greengrocer, she usually gives me a great load that other people have asked her to remove from their carrots too :D

Best place ive found carrots with tops is on my local market but i dont get there very often.
Lidl's sometimes have them :wink: and tescos

mine love their greens - I give them a leaf or so (depends on how big the leaves are - they can be huge!)

If they haven't had them before though, only give a small square piece alternate days, gradually building up the size of the piece over a fortnight - otherwise you could upset thier tums as they won't have the necessary bacteria in great enough numbers to digest it. Depends how old they are, and if they've had much green veg before - greens are just young cabbage, so if they've had that it will be fine.

Carrot tops are easy to grow,
Let you into a secret when youv cut the carrots cut off the tops get a tray of water or a plate,sit them on it on a window sill making sure the water doesnt dry out and after about 2 weeks they start sprouting,then you cut them off and feed to buns :D

Wow Excellent :D :D I dont need any soil or anything just put them in water with the cut side facing down???? :oops: Ignore that, that was dumb! :lol: how deep does the water have to be? should it be nearly up to the top of the carrot top? Or only shallow?
I will just give her a little square of the leaf, she does have lots of herbs, etc, I gave her some mint this morning for the first time, and yum yum yum....she couldnt eat it quick enough :D

Back