• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggies and sticky bum

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya

My bunny Scooby has always been plagued with sticky bum. She had a bad bum yesterday off her veggies, the thing is she's in a group of four if I remove the veggies, Zippy, Kovu and George miss out., So does anyone know of any veggies that will not upset her delicate tummy?

Bless her she had to have a bum bath last night, because she was a bit poo'y. She very good for me she will sit in the bowl while I wash her, she had a blow dry and lashings of rear guard, but my poor baby can't keep having her bum washed.

(After her bum bath last night)

scooby.jpg

i think it would be a testing thing.. try one veg at a time and see what the results are on poor scooby's bottom. Maybe try herbs :?: If Scooby cant tolerate veggies then i would be tempted not to give him any at all. Couldnt you hand feed the others some veggies so that if he gets it he only gets a small amount. I know it seems mean if he doesnt get any but cant think how else you can avoid him getting a runny bottom :?

Bugsy gets this alot too. Especially as he is getting older. Its difficult. Everything seems to do it to him. He is not a fan of bum baths either lol!

Feed your bunny only hay for a few days as this will stop the diarrhea, Lucy gets this occasionaly, Then from then on feed your bunnies mainly a diet of hay a few vegetables and a vey small amount of pellets, this should sort it out!

Oakley can't have many Veg Tree as she gets the same thing, i have found that Carrotts don't give her it but things like cabbage and brocoli make it worse XX

Hiya,

Thanks guys, it's odd because sometimes she can tollerate certain veg and then all of a sudden it will make her bad, I will have to look at feeding the other three veg on the sly and try her with a few more herbs.

Hi - Monty suffers the same thing. When I took him to the vets a while back, he suggest feeding him brocolli stalk, to harden his poo! Now this is about the only veg he gets.

Adele

I wil try soem brocolli she's a very greedy bunster anyway she will gorge herself on food, she is the chunky REW in my siggie eating a leaf :lol:

I gave mine some broccoli the other eve and either Kami or Tui had sloppy pooes the next day - they usually get greens and carrot only and sometimes a bit of cauli leaf:(

You could always try a dry bath with cooking cornflour, if you don't want to keep wetting her - just massage it in and the poo slides off, so I've heard! :)

As for sharing veg - my 4 girls eat all their veg in half an hour - probably less than that! So you could always just remove her while they eat theirs?

I will try the cornflour, I've used that on Ernie (piggie) before, I am worry about fly strike with th buns that's why I wash her, although she has rear guard so she should be alright. I may have to remove her, sometimes she fine others she gets poo'y. :D

Back