• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeders of Angoras

Hi Everyone

My sister has looked into getting an Angora rabbit and has researched a lot on them. We have decided to get her a pet one to live with the female english rabbit one that has lost her partner, can anyone suggest any breeders?

Thanks

Sara XXX

I know of two angora breeders that are in south of england.. however i dont think they usually let their rabbits go into pet homes as their coats are so high maintenance.. they are generally kept within the show members.
You may be lucky and find one in a rescue but dont think they come in very often. Maybe you could consider a long haired lionhead type rabbit if you particularly want a long haired rabbit. Long haired rabbits can be hard to care for and need grooming daily. I wouldnt dream of having a pure bred angora as beautiful as they are you would need to keep their coat clipped short to prevent matting.. which can be hard work.

Hi please could you give me there contacts details so i can contact them myself to gain some more information about angoras.

Thank you

Sara

Why not look into a cashmire there nearly as nice but much less grooming. Have a look .val
7-picture1.jpg

The ones on RR arent really angora's they are very fuzzy lionheads or possibly crosses with a cashmere id guess. However they would be great alternatives to a real angora as they are alot easier to care for. :wink:

Back