• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

porridge oats

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I've run out of critical care and cant get any more till tomorrow :shock: Amy's still not eating pellets though her tummy seems to be settling down thanks to the probiotics. Could I give her porridge oats to try and get her weight up or would they upset her tummy?

Hi Touie. Has Amy had Porridge Oats before? If not personally I would not try it if she already has a gippy tum. If she is eating hay and some of her dried mix I dont think waiting til tomorrow to start the critical care will harm her. Janex

thanks for your replys, I couldn't get on the forum earlier to respond. No she hasn't had them before. I think I'll just leave it and give her extra hay tonight. :D

touie said:
thanks for your replys, I couldn't get on the forum earlier to respond. No she hasn't had them before. I think I'll just leave it and give her extra hay tonight. :D
I think the forum has PMT today :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Janex

I feel guilty, she's dancing round my feet expectantly so I've gone for the liquidised pellets!

Porridge oats are ok for a treat, or for encouraging a bun to start eating again. They can however cause an explosion of poo... :roll: :roll:

Back