• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm delurking!

naturestee

Alpha Buck
Hi everybody!

I've been reading this forum on and off since I got my first bun, Mocha, a year ago. I figured that since I keep coming back, I may as well sign up. So here I am. :lol:

I live in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

I have two pairs of (spayed/neutered) buns and tons of pictures. I tried bonding them all together but Mocha is very territorial and she hurt Fey, leading to lots of issues. Everything's better now, but I don't think I'll be introducing Mocha to another girl again. It's amazing the damage that a 2 lb bunny can do in a few seconds! :shock:

I'll give you an intro.

This is Mocha. My first baby, and the only one I had as a baby. She was a bit spur-of-the-moment, as my hubby and I saw her in a pet store one afternoon. I went to sleep (I work 3rd shift) and when I woke up the door was closed to the spare bedroom. Hmm. Very suspicious. So I peeked in and there was my hubby, sitting in a chair across from a cage where Mocha was running laps and doing binkies. She was sold as a "dwarf," and we think she's a Polish (American version, the brit version is called Britannia Petite here) or Polish/Nethie mix. Mocha is now a little over a year old and is a spoiled princess.

rsu61h.jpg

rsv59u.jpg

Mocha needs constant attention and affection that I can't provide, as my hubby and I both work. So after her spay we took her to meet the boys at a local shelter. Well, boys was actually boy, a handsome neutered dutch who was about a year old, was rather chubby, and as we found out later was so undermuscled that he had trouble hopping normally. Exercise fixed that nicely! They seemed to get along okay, but it was hard to tell because she was terrified of the dogs barking a few rooms over. We adopted him and I named him Loki, as his former Rascal didn't seem to fit right. Mocha was furious at having her territory invaded but fell in love with him after several weeks of bonding. He didn't give a hoot about her until she started snuggling with him while I petted him. She had to start by snuggling with his butt where he couldn't reach her to nip her, but eventually she was eyeball to eyeball with him and he decided he loved her too. Now they spend most of their day cuddling and are upset if one gets picked up or they can't see each other. If one is getting petted, the other dashes in for a combined cuddle and pet.

rsufqo.jpg

rsug6f.jpg

My binky boy!

rsugxy.jpg

rsv2tw.jpg

The couple that plays together, stays together!

I adopted Fey and Sprite, two dwarf hotot sisters, last September. My hubby showed me an add in the newspaper for two rabbits with cage, very cheap. I had a feeling that they belonged with me. Well, they certainly belonged with someone better than their last owner! He had bought them cheap from a breeder (non-show quality) the summer before for his granddaughter, and he kept them at his place. She got bored with them. Yeah, like nobody saw that coming. They were left in a metal breeding-style cage outside with only the barn overhang to protect them. They were even more terrified of their owner then of us- that looks awfully fishy to me. They were in poor health from their cheap food and lack of hay and were urine-stained from their very dirty (and rusty!) cage. They are now healthy, spayed, and living in a nice big NIC condo which lessened Sprite's aggressive mounting of her sister. It took a long time, but Fey now loves to be petted. She even binkies to me to get petted! Sprite is friendly but still hates hands, so I love her on her terms.

Fey had to be separated after her injury from Mocha because the vet worried that if she hopped too much she would rip her stitches. I finally got them rebonded a few weeks ago. Sprite is much less demanding of Fey now and is also doing more grooming and cuddling. I think she realized how much she liked her sister when she lost her.

Enough talk! Here's pictures!

rsvf3n.jpg

Fey missing me, cause I walked away for 5 minutes. :D

rsvh1y.jpg

Sprite on the couch.

rsvhjq.jpg

Sprite loves throwing toys.

rsvhxl.jpg

And so does Fey!

rsvihs.jpg

Fey licking Sprite's belly, which is still bare from her spay in October.

rsvl1f.jpg

And snuggling on the towels.

Wow! That was long. If you still want more, I have lots of pictures here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bubble_addict_81/my_photos

Aliandbuns said:
Fab pics - but how did you get the binkying in focus? :shock:

Thanks! Pure luck, practice, and a decent camera. And a lot of cropping, because I usually have to zoom out to get them in the frame. I love action shots! I've gotten everyone except Mocha- she's too random.

rswprm.jpg

rswqpe.jpg

rswt9e.jpg

rswtih.jpg

Welcome :wave:
Very beautiful pictures and GORGEOUS buns!! :love:
I can't wait to hear more about them and *hopefully* see more pictures soon!!

xxx

Back