• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flora pigs newborns - video - very very cute!!!

They are only just 24 hours old now so it would have been about 19 hours since they were born in that video. It's amazing how mobile they are. They really are just mini guinea pigs.

Awwwwww so cute!! Will you remove the three good size babies from mum for a couple of hours a day to allow 'runt' exclusive access to the 'milk bar'?? Janex

aww they're so cute :D I'd forgotten what they look like - I remember thinking mine were 'all head' and just a tiny body like your babies - Their bodies soon caught up! :lol:

I don't think you need remove the other piggies - they will probably be too distressed at being split up for the littlest one to think about milk - and after all, they'll be eating solid food by now - totally amazing! :)

:shock: How on earth did they fit inside mums tum??!! :shock: I don't envy her THAT birth!!

They are very sweet though :love:

I tried removing the others to let the little one feed on his own but flora wouldnt let him. She kept walking away from him and he wasn't strong enough/ quick enough to follow. And when flora finally stayed still (she found some carrot) he kept nosing about in her fur in more or less the right place but he didn't suckle. its as if he doesn't know what to do. I have been feeding him milk formula, which he absolutely loves and laps up with gusto, from a teaspoon so it looks i will have to be his sole milk provider. He is getting about much better than he was but is still really tiny. He has made it through 48 hours now so hopefully the prognosis is good.

Anyone know how often I will need to feed him?

Back