• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is toast fattening?

tomjacob

Banned
No, not with butter and strawberry jam!

The herb toasts on bunny bazzar site? Look fun but Jacob is on a strict diet plan (not entirely sucessful, not much calories going in yet still a big bun!). are these a no no? Thanks.

Jenny if he's on a diet I would stick to small amount of pellets and lots of hay..with a bit of veg now and then.....tell him he's got to look good for his new lady friend......she has high standards you know :wink: :lol:

Well, Jacobs looking for platonic friendship, he says he doesn't want anything too 'heavy' and besides he thinks personality is more important.

I just thought it sounded nice, maybe I want it more than Jacob in reality, I do like nice breads and herb toast yum!

Oh well just hay then, mind you with brome, oat, a big bag of timothy, alfalfa (in case of poorlyness) and orchard grass no one will be hungry especially as he already has west willows, californian and one other Timothy hay and forage stuff from burgess!

Jacob is a hay connoiseur, like wine but you don't fall over when you've had too much!

I think I'll try the food too in my quest to find a healthy food Jacob will eat! I think that'll be just about everyone tried now..need some more invented! Still, I will plough on!

Shame about the toast..better look for some tea I think..shopping when hungry is NEVER a good idea!!!

PS Jacob says 'a bit of veg now and then?' he has loads! I was told that buns can have virtually endless veg as the ideal diet is hay and veg although a small amount of pellets is Ok. He has alot of herbs and veg, just hay would be awful surely?

Bread has a fair bit of sugar in it so should be avoided.

As for the veg you can give him plenty but make sure you go for ones that are not high in natural sugars. Herbs are fine but avoid carrots and some fruits.

Cheryl

I feed Pepsi toast every now and then and the end piece of her crispy baguette is her favourtie. But only as a treat maybe once every few months. But at the moment she is loving lots of spinach :D

I fed Joey & Flint toast when they weren't eating (Joey after Caramel died, & Flint after his abcess-removal). It was the only thing they ate, but the vet told me off :oops: She said I should've syringe fed pellets or porridge!!

I had to syringe feed Jacob once and he hated it. He was so distressed that I stopped and told the vet. he said to stop as well as there was no gain. he ate Afalfa treats instead and with medication for a nasty ear infection soon got better. It's hard to know what to do but I always thought that if they ate themselves even if not the ideal food, it was a good sign. Clearly no one can live off toast forever but for a few days until they get their appetite back..did they like marmite on it or are they of the 'loathe it' camp!!??

Just the herbs without the bread make a good treat. Lots of yummy vitamins and tasty too :D

Tam

Back