• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

why hasnt her ears lopped??

sxfe_121

Warren Scout
my bunny as u can see below is very very dwarf lop looking..yet her ears refuse to lop?? im really confused..i really wnt them too...ive been told they shud hav lopped by now..but wh hvnt they...surely she is a lop breed..?? ahhh the confusin lol :?

Cross breeds often have ears that don't lop or ears that partially lop. It's also not uncommon for them to lop much later than pedigree lops.

She does have a lop look to her face but that doesn't mean her parents were all lop or that her ears will necessarily lop.

Tam

oh right, urgh i love them both but i dont no wht either of the parents were like..i think wen im older and have more space and my own place..im deffinately going to get them from a breeder...i wudnt change my buns for the world becuz ive been soo lucky personality wise to have 2 buns sooo affectionate and a pleasure to have...but i think id like to have backround knowledge to wht they will b like wen ther older..i wish her ears wud lop lol..love lopped bunnies xxx

sorry tamsin..but this one seemed to disapear to the bottom on the pile so i made a new one..is that so wrong?.. haha runny! ive got some funny pix of paris lolled over gucci..i saw it and i rushed for the camera..ill try n load em up!

It could be that she will not be a lop eared bunny, where did you get the bunny from?

When we got Mr-Bo Jangles from a petshop before I knew better, they said he was a dwarf lop, now, after seeing so many different breeds, I think he was a mini lop :wink:

never count on what you bunny is unless you got your bunny from a reputable breeder who knows all about the rabbits history and how their genes work etc :wink:

Even with some pure bred lops their ears don`t always lop, some have poor ear carraige, as a breeder would say, which means their ears don`t lop properly. Some will have just one ear lopped and others will have helicopter ears where they stick out sideways! It`s just luck of the draw.
I think bunnies are all cute and odd ears just make them even cuter!!!! :D

Su.x

i think helecopter ears are really sweet :) they have their own character! wether tobeys ears will fully lop or not is another story, i just love him how he is :)

Even getting from a breeder doesn't guarantee their ears will lop.

I can think of better things to prioritise in an animal than its ears lopping :roll:.

hello. me again - the one with a rabbit who looks just like yours only peter rabbit brown. Lola is about 15 weeks old and her ears are still not lopped but look like they're going that way - sometimes she has one up and one down which is really cute.

I think her ears will lop eventually (my rabbit and yours). But Paris is gorgeous anyway whether her ears stand up or not!

lol...bless her..i no...it doesnt bother me at all, i just wanted to no why! shes gotten so big these past few days... i have a feeling shell b bigger then gucci...i hope shes a big bunny..itd b lovely having them both hopping around the garden like last year..but with 2 now!!

Back