• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EUUUUCH

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just been to feed little Archie and .....HIS TAIL HAS FALLEN OFF .. :shock: :? :( there it was lying in the hutch . He came to us cos hed been fighting with his brother and he had a few injuries which were healing well , including a chunk out of his ear ....but i obviously missed this one ...poor fella :shock: :? :cry: :oops: :oops:

Angie

:shock: :shock: Poor, poor Bunny. Sounds like some antibiotics might be needed to avoid abscessation of the stump /septicaemia.......Janex

OMG I never knew that could happen :? :?

Poor little bun :(

Will it affect his balance like cats and dogs? :?

:shock: :shock: :shock: poor little bunny! :( My first bunny didnt have a tail, took me ages to work out why she didnt quite look right! :?

something similar happened to a hamster a friend used to have. It developed a lump on it's rear end, quite a big mass, the vets wouldn't touch it. Eventually the hamsters foot turned black, he lost the use of it and then it kinda just fell off, no blood and the hamster was still able to climb and get around on three legs. The lump got smaller eventually and the hamster lived to be about 4 years old on his 3 legs.
I am sure the bunny will be fine and he/she will learn to adapt. Sending hugs and healing vibes.

Little Fella is fine . Doesnt seem to be in pain ...and no blood at all .
had a good look :? and it seems to have died and just dropped off .
vets tommorow for neutering so will ask them to give him a good look over .

well ...he s gone to be neutered this morning so poor boy will be losing something else . :oops: :?
good news is vet checked where his tail should be and theres no problem , healed up fine . :)

Angie

Back