• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Rosie

Warren Scout
Casper had his castration yesterday and has been doing brilliantly.

Eating, pooing and weeing as normal.

But he's just flopped over and is lying on his side!

Is something wrong??

He doesnt seem to be unwell, hes alert and looking around but is lying on his side.....

Is he indoors? Is he usually an outdoor bunny? He could just be a bit hot if that's the case, as he will have a nice big outdoor furry coat on. He could just be a bit tired after his op and is feeling cosy and comfortable so has flopped out. It's hard to tell really without seeing him. If you have any worries you could always ring your vets for a chat, you don't necessarily need to take him in, they may be able to advise you over the phone.

My bunny lies on her side all the time but I don't know a great deal about bunny health matters.

Could it poss be that his bits are a little sore so soon after the op and he just wants to take the pressure off ???

Hope caspers ok.

probably just glad to be home by the sounds of it and its likely that he finds lying like that is easier on his sore bit .

He is an outdoor bunny so maybe it is that he is warm.

I've picked him up and checked him over and I thinks he's fine.

Checked his eyes, ears, nose and eyes and all is well.

Had a look at his boy bits and they are still quite red/sore and when I put him down on the floor he hopped a little bit then flopped down on his side again.

So I think you're right and he's keeping off the sore bit.

just keep an eye on him . when my pair were done gizzy was neither up nor down to be honest but bailey if I remember rightly did alot of lying on his side and done that for a good day or two .

It seems everything is fine - I paniced and I'm sorry about that.

My Fiance just got home and Casper has got up and about to greet him.

Big Sorry from a very silly bunny mum.

Back