• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Uncle' John

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
I know you're not a true 'Uncle' but that doesn't mean I love you any less.

We never called you uncle and we only saw you roughly twice a year, now we won't see either of you :(

Three deaths in the space of seven days, hearing news of your passing has made this officially the worst week of my life.

I pray that your wife, our 'Auntie' Margaret is being comforted and looked after by your daughter.

My best memory of you is when we saw you last September, we met you in Denmead, we had lunch in the little pub on the village green, then we took you and Margaret to the site your house used to be.

You were so happy, laughing and smiling in the sunshine.

I listened to you both reminising about the past and how the road looked way back then, you described it so vividly I could see it in front of me.

We saw you again in October, this time most of the family, met up with you down at the hard in Portsmouth, we had lunch in my favourite pub, the younger children, mainly my sister and cousin played in the ball pool.

I don't remember much about that day, except you were planning your journey back over to the Isle Of Wight, which is where you always stayed when you came down from Nottingham.

I'll always remember you as a happy smiling distant relative of mine.

I love you John, thank you for all the years you sent me money and for the beautiful bracelet you sent me for my eighteenth.

You'll never be forgotton, I just pray that your passing was as peaceful as it could have been in the cirumstances, god bless you.

Gem xx

I am so sorry Gem to hear about your "uncle " John. Each of your visits with him sound so special and will give you comfort thinking of them. Just because we don't see our friends and relations a lot doesn't mean we love them any the less.

Take care

22hearts.gif

So sorry to hear your sad news :cry: it sounds as though you've been through a lot lately and you are in my thoughts. Your " uncle," will always be with you, in your heart. We will all be re-united with our loved ones one day. I hope you can take comfort in your memories untill that time. hugsxx

Really sorry to read this. I used to visit an old lady across the road from us, she was lovely, just like having another Nan. She's been gone 3 years now, but I still get upset. Sending you sympathy and hugs.

Back