• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to find secondhand 5ft+ hutch?

ness

Young Bun
Hiya
All you with outside buns, where did you get your hutches? I'm after a second hand hutch but I can't seem to find one big enough to house my bun and his new partner (not chosen yet but looking at the local animal shelters in hope :D ). I can't afford new, so is there a place where second hand bunny houses are advertised that I don't know about.
Any help gratefully received.
Ness

We got our 4ft by 5ft playhouse from ebay for £100. Then bought a cheap 4ft hutch for £30 - this is put inside the playhouse just as somewhere cosy to hide, but the doors left open.

We then built our own 7 foot run attached to the playhouse - the wood was cheap - £6 if I remember rightly, but the wire was quite expensive - had to buy 2 rolls at £25 each.

We converted a tool shed into a hutch - it is about 5ft high by 6ft long by 2.5ft deep so we put in 2 storeys - it hardly cost us anything to re-roof it and make some rabbity adaptions - the tool shed was already in our garden when we bought our house.

The run, on the other hand which is 5W x 8L x 2.5H with a lid cost lots because of the type of mesh - but it looks extremely fox-proof which was the idea!

if you were willing to travel u are welcome to teh hutch i have it needs refelting but its big i bought it off a friend and never used it and now im moving i have no space i can post pics if u interested just pm me i dont want anything 4 it

I got this from ebay and weather proofed it,i put in a offer of 45£ and they accepted it,
100_0917.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Foot-Double...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for all your replies, especially Inka Dinka Doo, thanks for that very kind offer, if only I lived closer!
I think you've got a bargain there, TwilightPagan, am off to trawl ebay and freeads! :D
Thanks again
Ness x

Back