• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosey-posey

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday My friend Dave's rat, Rosey died :cry: . She was a sweet little thing. She was a pet for Dave's little boys, but they got bored of her :( so she ended up being Dave's rat. He became very close to her and she always used to run to the top of her cage in the morning and wait to be stroked through the bars or for her favourite food, which was Dave's breakfast toast :D it was funny to hear about dave's stories of rosey and the way he'd talk to her when a little drunk, she used to listen to every word!.
Rosey only used to let Dave pick her up and stroke her. I think maybe she had been a bit scared of noisy children in the house before. She always used to great me though and it will be very strange not to see her.
Yesterday Dave text me and told me she had died, at first he didn't seem to care, but when I went round to see him I could see that he had been crying. In a way it was so sweet to see this " tough guy," crying over his little friend. He had wrapped her up in a cloth and couldn't bring him self to burry her, it freaked him out to see her gone like that. I went out into the rain and burried her saying " goodnight little rosey, say hi to my ratties,"
I hope rosey is free and happy at the rainbow bridge playing with all the other ratties
scamper free little one xx

Dave sounds like a DIAMOND!! Rosey must have had a lovely life with him. I saw a couple of baby Ratties today and was totally transfixed by them. They are so inteligent. I am sure Rosey Rattie will find a wonderful welcome at The Bridge. Janex

That is so very touching...hugs for Dave who sounds so nice and just think on Rosey having nibbles on her toast and telling them all how loved she was

Back