• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 year anniversary for Hobbes

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I was away on Saturday so i missed the two year anniversary of the day that Hobbes came to live with me. I thought it would be nice to put some of his pictures up to celebrate :D

The first picture is his baby picture aged 8 weeks when i brought him home. I bought him from a local petshop as i hadn't heard of rabbit rescues then. He was named by OH who used to love a cartoon strip called 'Calvin and Hobbes' about a little boy and his Tiger.
He was completely terrified of me and wouldn't come anywhere near me until he was 4 months old and then he suddenly found me very attractive and would chase me round the kitchen and nibble my ankles! :oops: :lol:
hobbesbaby.jpg

He had sticky up ears when i bought him, he was in a run with his 3 brothers, 2 jet black and one pure white but they all had lop ears and i thought he looked nicer with sticky up ears so i chose him to take home.
earsup.jpg

As he got older one of his ears flopped and he had lovely helicopter ears for a while :D
hobbespout.jpg

To get over his fear of people i thought maybe he would be happier with a friend for backup! Thats when I got Phoebe to be his girlfriend but before he could be with her he had to be neutered and soon after that both his ears became lopped. I still thought he looked cute though!

cutiehobbes.jpg

He was very happy when he got to live with Phoebe, they were instant friends and have remained very happy together.
They live in a shed in the garden and have supervised runs around the garden every day.
Hobbes is very cheeky and mischievious, his nickname is Hobbes the Hoover as he can be found under the bird table hoovering up the bits that they drop.
He loves climbing on anything...
hobbesbarrow.jpg

and when he spots me in the kitchen his little face will appear at the door "come on mum, give me some carrot"
hobbesdoor.jpg

and even when he's had some carrot he still begs for more!
hobbesbeg.jpg

The last two years have been a joy to share with him. He may not enjoy cuddles or even strokes that much but he is a very happy bunny and living the life of Riley. I wouldn't swap him for anything :D
Happy Anniversary to my special little boy :D

Awwww what a beautiful post Estelle... bought a tear to my eye!

What a lucky bunster Hobbes is to have such a fab Mummy, he's a little darling, love the helicopter ears pic and the one below that, he looks like a little statue... infact, I love all of them!

Happy anniversary to you Hobbes (and Estelle) I hope you enjoy many more together.

Lots of love,
Lynda, Teddy and Bertie x

That is so sweet, I'm glad you've enjoyed the past two years. I didn't know their ears could go from straight to lop though, he looks completely different now to when you first got him!

He's so cute! He's like a little teddy bear or a cartoon rabbit, so handsome! I must admit I love him with both uppy and lopped ears!

Fab piccies :D :D :D

He looks so full of character - very mischevious looking :wink:

He suited the helicopter ears, and the lop ears - he's adorable :D :D

Thanks for all your lovely words. I am going through a difficult time in my life right now but my bunnies are keeping me going :D :D :D I'm glad you enjoyed Hobbes story. If it wasn't for him i would never have found my enthusiasm for rabbits and found such a lovely bunch of people on this website :D :D :D

Back