• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Im a bit stuck!!! Yikes i think im loosing it

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, Normally i am very good with agressive/territorial buns, i don't usually think of them as being aggressive just wary. Iris, the 7 year old bun that came from jill hasn't bonded with me at all, not that i mind she is quite happy with Arthur, but i have bonded well with all the others and Arthur comes and sniffs me.
I just wonder wether she may be a little confused with all the upheaval she has had since December and wether it may be taking her a little longer to adjust than a younger bun. She's been with me now for 5 weeks nearly.
What do you think??

My Smirnoff was labelled aggressive when I got him (pet shop bun who had been returned twice). I've never particularly bonded with him - maybe some bunnies are like that? He's the boss in his little group (bonded foursome), but I've had him 18mths now, & once in a while he's behaved jealously towards other buns, when I've been petting them, so maybe he's coming around??

Mmmm Iris just really doesn't seem to like me, she loves Arthur and goes anywhere he goes, Kay said she was a grumpy girl with her but Kay could tickle her and give her a snuggle as could Jill, but she really does not like me! it's very weird!

Perhaps she's found her true love in Arthur and he's enough for her.....or perhaps you smell of too many other buns...have you tried fussing her first before others scent is on you? Or bribe her....a piece of apple while you stroke her....she'll come round I'm sure :D

Re: .

honeybunny said:
Perhaps she's found her true love in Arthur and he's enough for her.....or perhaps you smell of too many other buns...have you tried fussing her first before others scent is on you? Or bribe her....a piece of apple while you stroke her....she'll come round I'm sure :D

There only the second hutch i go to so i only smell like Rona nd Tilly, Perhaps thats it though Jill! She me be able to smell Tilly and thats why she wont come near me!! I'll try doing her first and the apple as well! Thank you XX

Phill, I don't think it is anything to do with the smell of Tilly as, as you know I had several females in the shed where Iris was and she wasn't phased by that with me. I really do think it is just going to take her longer to settle as with some it does. It isn't a case of her not liking you it is probably more the fact that she may think you are going to take her some where else or even take arthur away from her.
Don't Worry
Love
Kayxx

Give her bunny treats. And ea. time you give her the treat, tell her like the way I tell my bunny: "Remember, this place is not a hotel." :D

Hi,
This probably isn't much help, but I remember seeing a programme where they 'tamed' an 'agressive' bunny and they started off stroking him with a feather, then a small brush and then finally with their hand. It took a while, but it seemed to work. I can't remember the name of the programme, but it was very interesting.
Good luck!!
Nicola x

Thanks Guys Xx It's not her being aggressive thats worrying me, aggresive i can cope with, she's just very nervy of me, i think!? I just hate stressing her out. We will get there eventually, i have a few new things to try with her XX

She isn't aggressive as nasty, I would say more territorial. She is such a cutey and Phill will get their in the end it will just take time. While she was with me David went to feed her and she launched from the bedroom at David and he ended up with food all over the place as she startled him. She will launch but doesn't bite.

kayj said:
She isn't aggressive as nasty, I would say more territorial. She is such a cutey and Phill will get their in the end it will just take time. While she was with me David went to feed her and she launched from the bedroom at David and he ended up with food all over the place as she startled him. She will launch but doesn't bite.

You see she wont even get close enough to me to do that!

She will, she is obviously happy with Arthur, just give it time, Look at my Mopsy she is still like that after 3 yrs infact she bit me this morning, so thank yourself lucky she isn't like that

paris is the same with me..she confuses me..in that if she sees me walking up the garden towards ther run shell lean on her hind legs against the run..w8ing for me..and wen i get in she follows me..yet she h8s being handled..and doesnt seem bothered by being stroked..she doesnt like it..shell just hope off...and sumtimes wen i get in..shell dash off like shes scared..shes just not tht interested in me...cept wen i was stroking gucci she came over and bit me!! after nudging gucci :shock:

I know cat and bunny arn't the same thing but I used to have a cat that hated men. :wink: I had her years b4 I got married (and for a couple after I was divorced) and her and my hubby never went near each other. She was all black and would sit and stare at him with all her feet tucked under her and just big unblinking green eyes fixed on him :shock: or she would wait until he was brushing his teeth in the bathroom and sneek in and bite him on the back of his leg, drew blood a few times :lol: :lol: :lol: . Well I thought it was funny at the time and now I think it was hilarious.

But getting back to the point could there be bunnys with preferences or are they much more chilled creatures.

Back