• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Badger

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Many would say you were just a mouse but you were special, you survived through so much and in the end I think your heart gave up.

Ironically you settled down for the night in your new cage, which you'd had less than a week, under your Rainbow Bridge and went to sleep.

I called you as I went out to the buns, I came back in expecting you to be waiting for me but you weren't :(

I opened your cage thinking you were sleeping, I could see you under your bridge but there was no movement, my heart almost stopped, I moved the bridge carefully in case you were asleep, but you weren't

Huddled up, you were cold and you had gone, the light had burned out.

A light. Out.

A life. Gone.

A love. Lost.

Run free sweetheart, forever encased in my heart

000_1986.jpg

:cry: I'm so sorry Gem, your little mouse may have been small, but it doesn't mean that he will leave any smaller hole in your heart as any other living soul. Badger looks so cute in that picture. He will live on forever in your heart and is free to scamper over the rainbow bridge xx
scamper free little one xx
hugs for you Gem xx

I know ive already said all this to you, but he wasnt 'just' a mouse. nothing is ever 'just' a something, he was special to you. Good luck over the bridge little man, u were lovely :cry: xx

Really sorry to read this. It dosn't matter how big or small they are, it still hurts as much. Run free Badger.

Indeed, it doesn't make any difference how big or small, they make a huge hole in your heart. Run free hither and thither little Badger.....

No, it doesnt matter about the size of the creature you lose, it still hurts the same :(
Have fun at the bridge little badger - so sorry Gemxx

Such a sweet little baby...no matter size or whatever...they live in our hearts and are missed so badly

Marlene said:
Such a sweet little baby...no matter size or whatever...they live in our hearts and are missed so badly

Exactly.

I still feel the same about Jess and Tom (hamsters that passed away)

jess.jpg

TOM.jpg

Jess never bit me once and Tom was so robust, he sadly passed away 3 years after buying him at a local garden centre

I could never "replace" them ..

Back