• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Girls new hutch

Quinn

Mama Doe
Got the girlies a nice new hutch today to give them more room and the run will be coming soon - it looks huge compared 2 them

newhutch.gif

Then leo got jealous and wanted to demonstrate how big it is

leoinhutch1.gif

leoinhutch2.gif

:shock: Wow, from that first pic I didn't think it was v big from the angles, but once you see Leo in it, it puts it into perspective!! plenty of playspace!! :D

Yeah leo is a sheltie but hes a HUGE sheltie lol he weighed 16kg last time he went to the vets and hes got ridiulous amounts of hair

Lovely Hutch, And dont u worry so much about them being outdoors, they will be so healthy from all the lovely fresh air :wink: xx

most worrying part is that OH bought it!!! then he built it!!! then i said i didnt like the little black bolts so i wanted 3 extra, strong brass bolts so he bought and fitted them 2 - he even bought me the mesh ready for my dad to build their run!!!!!

He was that desperate to get the living room back

erm actually its from P@H they seem to be new in as we only saw them last week

Its not flimsy ply wood for the back or floor either its pretty thick wood - possibly still ply but its not bendy

The roof opens and has locking hinges and it comes with the black bolts - we added the brass ones - really easy 2 build too as its flat pack

lol i did take one of them but u cant see them behind the water bottles and its gettin dark now - the dog thought it was his lol and now hes back to being jealous like he was with quinn, he constantly wants to be outside with them

That hutch looks quite good, I'm still looking for a new one for my two monsters but the one I liked was £250, my student loan won't streach that far! Might go to P @ H tomorow and have a look, wonder if they have 2-tier ones?

They have 2 tier ones they werent quite as long i dont think but still looked pretty big they had them in a couple of sizes, i did look at them but OH said he liked the single one better

WOW! ive never seen anything like that in p@h! i must go and investigate, its a brilliant find and im sure your buns will love their new home :D

They must be quite popular because we have 2 P@H in coventry and we went to the one we origianally saw them in and the demo one was out while OH was looking for someone 2 ask where they were flat pack there was a woman saying she was going to get one and a run for the bun they were looking at and when OH came back he said they only had one but it had been reserved by someone else - so we went to the other P@H where they did have them but they only had like 2 in

It was £99.99

I saw a HUGE and very reasonably priced hutch in P@H last time I was in for about £100, that must have been it! I was impressed, it is massive, much bigger than your photos do it justice for (even the ones with the gorgeous Leo) I bet the girls will love it!

I've got that hutch too! Its a really nice hutch. Your right though, I really don't get on with those little bolts they are a nightmare to close! I think I might have to change them like you have :D

Back