• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Can Some People Live With Themselves?-Pics added 11/03

Dan_K

Warren Scout
I went to my local rabbit rescue centre today looking for a a new friend for Bob. unfortuantely they didn't have a young lop eared female as about 90% of them there at the moment were males.

While we were there though a rabbit was brought in who would make an ideal companion. A beautiful tan couloured 2 year old female dwarf lop. The poor little lass though had been kept in a cage indoors with nothing on the plastic tray. All she had to keep her company was a piece of toast and some water, not even any hay. The owners hadn't even bothered cleaning her cage for what was probably an eternity and because of this she had urine burns all over her feet and belly. She was visibly shaking when brought in. They also think she has mites so she;s being whisked away to the vets on Monday.

Hopefully she's going to come back with a thumbs up and after some much needed RnR she should be coming home to live with me.

I just can't believe people can do that to an animal that they see day in and day out.

Vent over, for now!!

That's what we thought. We were really disappointed that there wasn't a special gal we could take away with us, but as we were there at the time its almost as if it was destiny!

I don't know how anyone could be so cruel how could they just ignore him. Hope he gets well soon they he's got a nice new home to look foward to.

Good Luck

Lynda and buns

awww, the poor baby :( I really don't know how people can live with them selves. At least she is safe now and will be cared for. I really hope everything works out and that you can take her home. It does look like fate :D like the time I was at the vet with my old bun Bilbo and Gypsy was brought in and was going to be PTS because the owner didn't want her, she was only 12 weeks old :cry: luckily I was there and gave her a good home. 2 years later she's still with me and very happy! :D :D

awful...just awful, they wouldn't have left my rescue without getting an earful and a promise from to call the sspca!

Awww, poor little thing :(

Glad you have found her though to give her a loving forever home! She sounds lovely!

We're picking her up on Saturday. Apparently she's been healing well and had mites which has been treated, so she's gonna be going to live with my girlfriend(ish). Her name's Smudge but I thikn she'll be re-named Lila.

Poor bunny :(. At least she'll have a better life now. We got our Rat Terrier in much the same way. We went out to eat and her previous owners were there with her - on their way to the shelter (how thoughtful of them to take her out for chicken nuggets before they dumped her at the pound :roll:). We had just lost our old RT to cancer a month or so before and we were looking for another. Talk about fate (and luck!).

Good luck with your new bunny ^_^.

Awww poor bunny. Glad she is coming to live you.

Looking forward to seeing some pics when she's settled!

Fingers crossed you get her.... It's a great feeling knowing you've improved their life. My rescue lop Rita was pretty much the same, I don't think she was ever allowed out and she didn't even know what to do with the veggies I put in front of her. :(

I took her a while to come round and realise she can hop in and out of her cage at her free will. I am pleaseed to say she still is a little shy but she has learnt a lot from my other lop Flump and now comes running at the sound of the fridge door opening. :lol:

aawwww hope all goes well for you tomorrow when you pick your new girlie up. Sounds like she is in need of plenty of tlc so im sure she will love her new home :D :D

Definately was meant to be :D Bet youre excited about picking her up tomorrow - what a lucky little lady - and I love her new name :D

Pics Added

Ok so Lila's not actually a dwarf lop, she's a cross and a bit bigger than Bob, but she's gone to a good home now where she's gonna get lots of fussing.

We put her with bob just for a couple of minutes to see how he'd react as a sign for when I do get him a proper girlfriend. He showed no interest in her whatsoever at first, then made an absolute beeline and got amorous with her head!!!!!!! A sign of things to come I guess.

DSCN0727.jpg

Look u can see Bob's evil eye eyeing up the totty!!!

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

Back