• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snow pics from Orkney

peediepixie

Mama Doe
DSCF0682.jpg

DSCF0681.jpg

DSCF0680.jpg

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

These are photos taken in our garden and the view around it. :D

Very pretty! :D Oh no all these snow pics are going to make me start singing chistmas songs, too late! It's beginning to feel alot like christmas, la la la! :lol: :lol:

Awesome photos!!

We have friends in Shetland (now moved to Edinburgh) and Ian has been up there a couple of times..apparently there are hardly any trees as there is so much wind!!!! Is it like that with you?? I love the Orkney accent ...lilting and just so nice to listen too

No there are not many trees here either. In one of the south isles, Hoy, there is a place called Rackwick bay which has massive cliffs all around, it basically has its own climate there and there's a valley full of trees there.
As for the accent, everyone thinks we're welsh ha ha! If you can't think what the Orcadian accent is like, Cameron off Big Brother was very broad Orcadian if you watched that...
I am bias but I really think Orkney is a prettier place than Shetland :lol:

snow

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- we only had a little snow and its almost gone- thank goodness! Bring on the spring- my favourite season! Never been to Orkney- Have been to Tiree though- no trees there- way too windy. :D

Aw thanks Kareen!! I'll get some pics of the hutch and run to you as soon as they're ready, I think Dad should be about finished today then I'll just have to treat the wood :D :D

OOH lovely pics - what a beautiful place to live :D Have I missed something the? Have you found some buns to adopt? Great news :D :D

sarsimp said:
OOH lovely pics - what a beautiful place to live :D Have I missed something the? Have you found some buns to adopt? Great news :D :D

Yes I am hoping to adopt Eddie and Elsa from Kareen once Elsa has done her mummy duties! Aren't they gorgeous!! :D

Gorgeous pics! The view where you live is lovely! Must be nice in summer too!

And your new buns are very cute! When do you get them? Bet you can't wait!!!

anna said:
Gorgeous pics! The view where you live is lovely! Must be nice in summer too!

And your new buns are very cute! When do you get them? Bet you can't wait!!!

It si lovely in summer, when we get a summer that is! I think we deserve a gorgeous summer this year after all this snow :lol:

I will be getting the buns, hopefully, at the end of April/beginning of May. I'm so excited now there is light at the end of the tunnel after all the waiting :D

Back