• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Wonderland in Aberdeen

Marlene

Mama Doe
We have been really snowbound here in Aberdeen
DSC09402.jpg

DSC09390.jpg

DSC09368.jpg

DSC09350.jpg

DSC09315.jpg

DSC09421.jpg

It really is stunning to look out at, especially in the sun!!

I put in the one of the patio table and chairs to show exactly how much snow we have had.

That is Ian trying to clear a path through it all to get to his wellies!!!

I wish we had snow like that! All we seem to get is a few measley flakes! Not fair!

Amazing pics Marlene - I was thinking of all the forum folk in Scotland when the weather forcasts came on yesterday. Being nosey, whats the area srrounded wby wall - looks like a school playground or something? :D

Sarah...that area is our bowling green which Ian took almost 6 years to build!!!!
At the end is his pigeon loft...that is the top story, there is one below which you can't see.

Laura...we were going to have great fun yesterday as a friend
and his kiddies were driving up from England just for the snow
and to make snow men (with all that snow we were going to
make a family :lol: ) They haven't seen snow for three years.

He had to turn back as they hit white out conditions after only
an hour or so. He sent me photos when he got home and
now they have snow!!!

ooooh wow great photos!! I remember seeing snow like that when i lived near aberdeen.. it was always great fun.. schools closed, no electricity etc.. i remember me and my sisters making an igloo and burying the frozen food in the snow and mum cooking on a gas canister in the garage :shock: :lol:

Those are gorgeous pictures!! But I'm not very jelous, I hate the snow :roll:
Would like to go somewhere snowy for a day though!

xxx

snow

wow- you had so much snow- we only had a little- and its nearly all gone- am glad though-i am not so keen driving in it as my wee car is so light- it ends up like driving a bob-sleigh! Bring on the spring and the flowers and colours! :D

Good one Marlene! :D

Oooh another blizzard! Does it get everyone out of work on monday?! :lol: Are you enjoying the snow?

Laura...I love the snow, it looks so pretty and of course I have my camera at the ready at all times to take photos at varying times. We get it worse than others as we are quite exposed and it is so coooooooold!!! It has stayed here for far longer and only yesterday (Friday) started to go and then again this morning...more snow

9.gif

Back