• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you got any hay?

LeeG

Banned
Some friends of mine are currently in the middle of doing a barn conversion which is situated on about 50 acres of farmland. I just got my rabbits and Molly was particularly unimpressed with P@H hay (she preferred the taste of wood shavings). I was all geared up to go to a local farm when my friends rang me and invited me round to their place. Whilst I was there it dawned on me to ask "do you have any hay?"

They began to laugh and walked me over to a huge barn (not the one they're converting). In the barn were hundreds and hundreds of bales of hay - stacked 30 feet high. They then helped me put a full bale in the back of my car and didn't charge me a penny - result!

I then asked what they would normally charge and they said £2 per bale or £2.88 delivered (although I guess they must put some restricitions on where they'll deliver to etc.). I paid £3 for a tiny little bag from P@H which I ended up using as bedding.

So if any of you are based in South Beds or North Herts and you want some good cheap meadow hay then let me know and I'll give you their details.

I've just been and bought a bale of hay from our local farm and it cost me the princely sum of £3.40. Split it up into bin bags so we can keep it in the kitchen and it'll last us ages! Best value around.

Glad Poppy and Mr Bbinks are being supplied with plenty of hay :D Is Poppy eating lots now?

And Fleur I wonder how quickly Bill and Ted will get through a bale? :shock: :D

Back