• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just took Daisy in for her spay!(updated)

Just took Daisy in for her spay,gona be on tender hooks until 2,when i have to ring them,the vet said its a risk its made me even more nervous,Daisy looked so sweet and cuddly,I just hope Iv done the right thing and that shes going to be ok.

I feel nervous for you!

she will be fine though!

I will be taking Holly soon to be spayed and am worrying about it already :(

Plus my boyfriend's being a right pain up the backside when i told him that both Holly and Alfie have to come in for a few days :twisted:

Awwww I like my bunnys indoors although they only stay in if they ill.
I have her nero 3 cage all set up ready,I cant wait to get her back,cant even concentrate on anythink at the moment :(

I was like that when Alfie got done.

When i get Holly spayed i am taking a couple of days off to look after her, plus i would be useless at work.

When Teddy and Bertie went in to be done, I looked in their cage and shouted 'OMG WHERE ARE THE RABBITS' then my Step Dad kindly reminded me that we dropped them off at the vets an hour ago! :lol:

I'm sure your girlie will be fine *hugs*

I'm always a wreck when my buns have to go to the vet for whatever reason. I was really bad when Storm went to be neautered, he was fine though. I'm sure daisy will be ok. good luck daisy xx

Just got back in,she took a while to come round,she has baytril and metacam to start taking tomorrow :shock: worried as to how im going to pick her up without hurting her!!
Shes managed to take off her collar 3 times so iv left it off.Obviously shes staying indoors the vet said 10 days,Knowing me it will probally be longer.
Im just glad shes ok bless her, we have to go back next week to have her looked at to make sure everythink is ok,heres some piccys I have just took

100_0973.jpg

100_0972.jpg

100_0971.jpg

Spice had to wear a collar. She removed it 3 times, then chewed through the fasteners so I couldn't get it back on. :D

I'd leave the collar off anyway to be honest, and only put it on if she is really bothering the stitches and there is a risk of her pulling them out. Rabbits in particular get very distressed in those collars (although at least that one is seethrough so she has still got some visibility) and they can't reach round to their bums to eat the caecotrophs and keep themselves clean.

She's looking fairly bright eyed so that's good, just make sure you offer her lots of water (many prefer a bowl to a bottle after an op) and lots of tasty treats, and hopefully she will be right as rain really soon :D

Daisy and Maisie didn't have collars and I was fortunate they left their wounds alone. It must aggravate her and I would be inclined to remove it and only use it if she is removing her stitches.

I would leave the collar off but if you see her touching them put it straight back on again.

Alfie didn't have a collar and i knew that he would pull them out cause he nibbles everything, he had to be re-stiched and needed a collar. He coped really well with it on but he did loose a bit of weight as it was hard for him to eat and you don't want that happening.

Keep a close eye on her without it on atleast she can eat and drink properly.

Bonnie

Back