• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please read and sign this IS important!!

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Celebrities against the cull

We only have until March 10th to save our badgers from gassing and snaring.

The UK Government is still considering a mass slaughter of thousands of badgers in the British countryside in the hope that it will reduce the incidence of TB in cattle. These killing areas may be twice the size of Greater London or cover an area equivalent to 50,000 football pitches. As the Government’s appointed Independent Scientific Group has shown, culling badgers would not only fail to reduce Bovine TB bit could in fact increase it.

Not only would culling be ineffective, it would also cause an enormous amount of suffering; not just for badgers but for other species too. Indiscriminate gassing and the setting of snares could kill and maim foxes, polecats, rabbits, otters and even cats and dogs.

Their lives are in your hands – register your opposition

Visit www.blackandwhite.info to register your opposition and stop the killing (it takes less than thirty seconds. Please help today!).

Please forward this email to as many people as possible. Every response counts and your input really will make a difference!

Update! High demand for the website has caused some problems for people following the link above, but please keep trying as every response is essential!

Kind regards,

Dr Barbara Maas

CEO, Care for the Wild International

Its an awful thing theyre considering, Ive been reading about it through Naturewatch. Ill pass it on.

I saw that in the paper yesterday. My train journey to college tomorrow is going to consist of writing a letter by hand and I'm going to get as many people in my class to write too.

I know the consultation period has ended but I don't know if a final decision has been made yet. It was reported that...

The government's consultation on badger culling was flawed because a number of the possible options were based on unsound science, MPs have said.

But that's as much as I know. Anyone know more?

Rabswood

Back