• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

spots of wee???

Quinn

Mama Doe
Hi Guys

Saffy seems to do little spots of wee the whole time shes out of her cage, I havent noticed Rosie do it and Quinn never did and now im in trouble with my mum because shes stained her carpet

Is it some sort of scent marking or could she have an infection or something that requires the vets?

Gypsy used to do this before she was spayed, it calmed down just before she was spayed but stopped all together afterwards. I think a lot of baby buns do this. But if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will help you :D

They are going outside to a new big hutch and run soon and it doesnt matter on our old carpet but my mum wasnt best pleased with the stains on her relatively new pink carpet :oops: As long as its nothing sinister its ok

Quinn said:
They are going outside to a new big hutch and run soon and it doesnt matter on our old carpet but my mum wasnt best pleased with the stains on her relatively new pink carpet :oops: As long as its nothing sinister its ok

my mum is not pleased about the lack of carpet in the corners and around the edge of my room :? luckily it's dark green so any evidence of naughty bunster is well hidden :oops: :lol:

I dont live with my parents we just took them round the other weekend so shes especially annoyed as she thought when i moved out she wouldnt have more pets

Leo on the other hand is the apple of her eye and he used to use the carpet as a toilet as a pup and i didnt live there then either but that was ok because he was leo and not a rabbit lol

I dont spose it helped that their pen got caught on the carpet and i pulled it and a massive thread came out

When Saffy has the little spots of wee, is it just coming out of her or is she doing it like she would a normal wee (lifting tail, stopping to do it, pulling an "I'm weeing!' face!!!)??

im not really sure she moves arouns too fast and keeping an eye on the two of them is hard enough

what should she be doing? and ill try and have a look - we are off to the vets on saturday for her VHD anyway so will mention it then and see what they say

Binky does the exact same thing sometimes. He's not neutured though. He kind of jumps and it goes everywhere. :roll:

Cuba has done this a couple of times too, she being spayed on fri so hopefully it will stop :)

Quinn said:
im not really sure she moves arouns too fast and keeping an eye on the two of them is hard enough

what should she be doing? and ill try and have a look - we are off to the vets on saturday for her VHD anyway so will mention it then and see what they say

It was something our vet was quite concerned about when we took Albert to the vets recently as he was weeing all over the place. He was actually weeing though, it wasn't dribbling out and the vet was pleased that he was doing this otherwise it could have meant that he was incontinent. I would definately mention it to the vet when you take her, could be an infection, could be normal but it's definately worth mentioning, just to make sure!

Back