• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Karly

Banned
Typed this out earlier only to hit the 'Back' button on my mouse and lose it all :roll:
Currently I'm trying to bond Joey and Nina. I tried them together before Nina was spayed and she was a little bit fiesty, so I put it off until she'd had the op and recovered.
They've been having their time in the run together, and now they've calmed down outside I decided to put them together indoors to see how things went.
The first few days Nina was terrified, bless. Rather silly when she's almost twice the size of Joey though :roll: She kept jumping out of the pen and jumping onto me for a cuddle!
However, now she's finally calmed down and will tolerate sharing, and after a few hours she's even let him lay down near her a few times.
I'm going to leave them together overnight as I can clear the wires away, and I sleep right above where their pen is, and there's absolutely no signs of aggression or anything. The bonding has been going really well and I'm hoping they'll soon be as loved up as the toothless trio!
Here's some photos of them from today :)

Nina's impression of a meerkat
P1010017.jpg

And just being cute
P1010018.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Joey's very relaxed about the whole thing
P1010020.jpg

A quick 'hello' (had to lighten the photo so excuse the poor quaity)
P1010024.jpg

A big incentive for Nina to get on - food!
P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Another 'hello' - Nina looks like she's cringing at the contact, bless
P1010036.jpg

Relaxing, again!
P1010037.jpg

"If I pretend I'm a plug, maybe Joey will leave me alone.."
P1010039.jpg

Nice profile pic
P1010040.jpg

Finally relaxing
P1010042.jpg

P1010043.jpg

Putting up with Joey
P1010045.jpg

Nina's new hairdo. The cause of the 'do is a little inappropriate for a family forum though, Joey got a bit confused :lol: Men! :roll:
P1010047.jpg

Good news it they were fine together last night, so will be staying together today too! Nina will actually go near Joey willingly now, bless. They've even laid near each other this morning :)
P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

(ignore the scarf, they pulled it off the edge of the pen overnight)

Yup, great to see them together! Especially as my trio are so bonded, I haven't liked seeing these two apart. They're a great match too - both grumpy and obsessed with food :lol:

Diddeen said:
aawww what lovely photos.. glad the bonding is going so well. Id watch the plugs tho :wink:

Yeah, plugs were moved safely out of the way when it came to leaving them, though neither of them have ever taken any interest in wires. Better safe than sorry though!

I think I can say they're now officially bonded :D They both moved into Nina's crate (will be attaching a pen on the front for more room but they'll soon be moving out to the shed with plenty of space), and even groomed each other! So glad to see them together :D

Back