• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

cost of neutering???

It varies so much across the country - and even within localities - that it's difficult to specify. It costs more to neuter a female than it does a male, because the female operation is more invasive. My vet charges £40 for a male and I think it's around £55 for a female, but costs can vary overall from around £35 to upwards of £80!

It varies quite alot even from vet to vet in the same town/city.

I suggest you do a phone round, however ask how experienced the vets are at neutering/spaying bunnies and go with the most experienced.

If you check out past posts (do a search) you will find lots of useful info re questions to ask the vet, type of pain killers suitable for bunnies and the kind of after care they need. I found all this out from the Forum before I had my 3 bunnies 'done' it was really useful and meant I knew what to ask the vet for and ensured my rabs got proper pain relief.

Good luck

Rabswood

the cheapest i can find (with a good vet i trust, i didnt ask any that didnt come recommended by word of mouth) was £40 plus meds for the boys and £70 plus meds for the girls.
i have had my boys done, but it is going to be a long time before i can afford to spay the girlies :(
my lovely old vet (sadly since passed away) charged £15, but then he rarely actually charged me at all, bless him.

Back