• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My poor little Molly

LeeG

Banned
Molly went in to be spayed yesterday. She is now in our spare bedroom recovering (she spent last night at the vet's). She is certainly suffering and is only gradually starting to eat again. I'm starting to get worried about her as she hasn't pooped at all since she came round yesterday lunchtime - that's a day and a half! Although admittedly she didn't eat much for a whole day.

If there is no sign of droppings in the morning should I phone the vet? :(

She is drinking water and weeing OK - even moved her towel out of the way before she did a pee. :love: Bless her!

I would give her till monday as long as shes trying to eat a bit. Drinking is good. Try tempting her with yummy things.Hope they gave her a long acting painkiller.If she has not eaten at all then i would worry. val

Thanks

Just been to check on her again and she has done a couple of little poos - both normal looking. Will keep a close eye on her and see how she is tomorrow.

Do rabbits like to be in complete darkness or have a little bit of light? At the moment the light is off in her room but the landing light is on with the door ajar. Not sure what she'd prefer???

Am I worrying too much? :?

If she doesn't normally live in your spare room, then she's no doubt feeling nervous about being in a strange place, as well as sore from her op - putting the light on might help her see what's there and settle a bit better, but don't leave it on all night or she'll get confused with her body clock.

If she's eating and drinking that's great - the painkillers will probably wear off tomorrow, and she may need to go to the vets for a top up - I would book an appointment just incase.

When I had Lavender spayed she was slow to eat too and I had to tempt her with dandelion leaves. I did take her back to the vet for an extra pain killer and after that she recovered fine. She had cage rest, in a small cage with nothing to climb on for a week, she stayed indoors in the spare room for her recovery too.

Sending best wishes

Rabswood

Back