• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mopsy - a year has passed

honey

Alpha Buck
a year ago today i lost my special boy mopsy :( it seems so long yet i feel that it could have been yesterday :(

i got him when he was just a baby, him and his brother pepa. two girls who soon turned into two little boys :D they were my first house rabbits and lived in our student house. so many people were fascinated by how these two little bunnies had so much character. mopsy was the little rascal, his favourite tricks were pulling at the bottom video of the stack so the whole lot fell down and rummaging through rubbish bags, i'll always remember him running into the lounge with a chicken wing in his mouth :?

pepa died when he was only two :( just before he died you developed head tilt, the vet didn't think you'd survive but with time you bounced back and were soon back to mischief.

it wasn't long after that i had my first house and you had two girls to live with - guinea and gia. you demanded attention from them, you'd always be sat in the middle. i'd often travel back home and you refused to sit quietly in the carrier so you had pride of place in the passenger seat often stretching up to look out the window :lol: people would often look twice :lol:

as well as those three i also had three others, sadly we lost two from old age very quickly and poppet was left on her own :( mopsy had always been one for the girls so that evening i introduced him to poppet and they were so close, they'd always be snuggled. he'd often run round with guinea and gia too, he was everyone's friend.

by now you and poppet were both 5 and i decided to get you another friend, that's when honey came into our lives. the three of you were so close, it was so lovely seeing you snuggled up, with you always in the middle
mopsygarden.jpg

one day i noticed the tiniest bit of white in your ear by the next day there was loads of it. i took you to the vet who put you on antibiotics, a month later it was better than it had been but not cleard. the vet said there was nothing else she could do and we should just see what happened. i asked for an x-ray which she agreed to and it was found that you had a huge abscess with advanced bone destruction, the vet said you should be put to sleep :( watching you that evening i knew you weren't in pain and that you had a good life and i found a new vet and read everything i could about abscesses.

you were on long term antibiotics and metacam. you hated having your medicines, you'd always wriggle the first time the let me do it the second. morning and night you'd run back down to the shed flicking your back legs and then there would be a huge stamp :lol: the medicines were doing you good though and you'd started humping the girls, we knew then that you were enjoying life :oops:

about 8 months later you started to drag your back leg so your medicines were changed and you were back to normal. three months later the pus was worse and your leg getting bad again. you were on as many meds as you could have and i made the decision to let you have surgery to cut out the abscess and the diseased bone. it would be a huge op but if you didn't have it you'd have no chance. the operation was long but eventually i had the call to say it was finished, you'd been a little fighter to come through the op and the vet said the bone destruction was extreme :( an hour later you had a massive stroke and died :cry: :cry: :cry: i couldn't take it in. i was scared to see you but you looked like you were sleeping, i thought you'd wake up. i spent the weekend in a daze, it was too quiet without you, you were always in and out the house.

i never thought there would be another rabbit like you and there will never be another mopsy. but i think you'd approve of bailey, he reminds me so much of you, i bet you're laughing at the trouble he causes, every day he reminds me of you, my old flopsy mopsy. i like to think you're with honey and pop, pop had always been so well but she missed you and four months later she had a stroke too, she fought hard but died a month later. poor honey was devastated she'd lost her two friends and she died three days later :cry: :cry: :cry: my only comfort is that you're all together, you had such a bond, i don't think you were ever meant to be seperated :(

i miss you all every day, you'll always be rememberd

mopsy
mopsyhead.jpg

Stunning tribute and I can feel tears welling up in my eyes. I'm not one for one to cry easily either ...

RIP sweetie .. x

Back