• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just like to say thanks to the Rainbow Bridge

KazPetts

Warren Scout
Yesterday my friends daughter came up to our house. She went outside to our shed and she saw Hammie the hamsters old cage. Hammie started life as our hamster but my son soon got fed up so Hammie found himself a home with my friend and her children.
Kim was very upset when she saw the cage as Hammie passed over to the bridge a little while ago now.
I didn't know what to say to her and her mum tried her best to console her, then I remembered 'The Rainbow Bridge' section on RR so I brought her to have a look. I showed her the original comments about the bridge, what it is about and the little poem. She sat with a tear in her eye listening to me as I read it all out to her. When she went back downstairs to her mummy she was back to her old self again. So the moral is, when you aint sure what to say to a kid when they get upset about a pet that has crossed the bridge, just show them this section on RR, they will feel much better.

This really warms my heart and I am so glad that the Rainbow Bridge section is appreciated like this. What a briiliant idea for our young kiddies. I do know when I lost my Hunny Bunny (which brought me to the forum in the first place....never having been on one before) I was just so pleased that members were thinking of me and comforted me...in fact I am all teary eyed now. Thank you for posting this

26.gif

Its a lovely thought that the Rainbow Bridge section can help so many people - young and old :D Well done for thinking of it for your friends daughter :D

i know it helped me with losing wicket. sometimes hubby and me will make up little stories about all the mischief he must be getting hiself into over there.

tbh i can't usually bring myself to read the posts here as i get upset for the loss of others as it reminds me of how upset we were when wicket left and i never know what to say.

warm thoughts to everyone and thank you to the bridge.

The fact is that most of the time I can't bear to read half of what is on here for the same reason as Desdi. However I have read the sticky at the top of the section and that is what I read to my friends daughter. I have to admit it took me alot to stop myself from crying even reading the poetry and the insight to what Rainbow Bridge is about. Admitting that to my friends daughter seem to make her realise that it is ok to mourn lost friends and there are so many people out there that have posted their loss. Kim isn't one for listening but on this occassion she listened with intent to what I was reading.
I didn't know what to say to her and to be honest I don't think her mum knew quite what to say to her either to console her when she saw the cage of her beloved hamster in our shed. The rainbow bridge section just seemed to be calling me from upstairs saying 'read me to her, she will be ok then'.
I showed it to her mum too who also said that it was a good idea me reading it to her and I have to admit her mum shed a tear too reading the poetry side of it.
So once again, THANKS RAINBOW BRIDGE.

Sorry I can't do any deleting for you but I just wanted to say that brought a tear to my eye. :cry: I often don't look at this section because I get very emotional but I do like to try to support people who have lost a beloved pet.

Back