• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh No!

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
My super tempremental, unhandleable bun has developed stasis :eek2:

She's obviously been building up to this as she's been rolling all week and she never rolls, now I realise she mught have been a bit uncomfortable.

I knew she was really ill when she didn't go for her food and just sat hunched in the corner trembling occasionally :((

She now laid flat out trying to relive some discomfort, poor girlie :((

Edit: Still flat out but some terrific noises coming from her tummy, my poor little baby

I think noise is better than no noise as it means her guts haven't stopped all together? Is she quiet enough to attempt a tummy rub?

Tam

Oh dear :cry: . I would get your Bun to a Vet ASAP. 'Rolling' can be indicative of a Bun with a partial GI OBSTRUCTION. The gurgling you hear could be a build up of gas/fluid behind the obstruction. Dont mean to frighten you but IF this were to be the case it is an EMERGENCY and must be treated immediately. Until obstruction has been ruled out by your Vet any form of abdominal massage MIGHT do more harm than good. Really hope that the 'rolling' is NOT a poor sign in this case. Please keep us posted. Jane and Buns xx PS You need to try to STOP your Bun rolling as this too can cause a serious problem in a bun with a partial GI obstruction.

sorry to sound stupid, but what do you mean by rolling? do you mean rolling around on the floor? my bun does that alll the time.
I really hope your bunny will be OK Gem. I would take him to thre vet to be on the safe side. Tummy troubles can be very serious in buns. Let us know how he gets on.

She's fine, a bit of infacol and some Metacam and a few tummy rubs.

Sparkle, like the weird flop and roll upside down then lay stretched out

I'm slightly confused.

I always thought buns being relaxed and flopping on their sides/backs was a content bun? I thought they sat hunched up grinding their teeth when they were in pain. I've never heard anyone say its indicative of stasis before - so I'm assuming if they're a bun that doesn't normally 'roll' and then they suddenly start to do it that it might indicate a problem?

Back