• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelions

Yes its very safe for rabbits to eat these,they can eat the flowers and roots,infact they can eat it all,mine love them in the summer i pick them by the bunch full,they have them everyday :D

twilightpagan said:
Yes its very safe for rabbits to eat these,they can eat the flowers and roots,infact they can eat it all,mine love them in the summer i pick them by the bunch full,they have them everyday :D

Oh, thank god, because Binky goes mad for them! :lol:

Karly said:
Just expect more wee though! Dandelions are a natural diuretic so will make your buns pee more!
D'ye know the French call Dandelions 'Pi*s-en-lit' :oops: :oops: translated means 'wet the bed' :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

Yes i rememeber them being called that as a child :lol:
you cant get them this time of year its too cold and frosty should start sprotuing up in mid to end of march :D

JCO said:
Karly said:
Just expect more wee though! Dandelions are a natural diuretic so will make your buns pee more!
D'ye know the French call Dandelions 'Pi*s-en-lit' :oops: :oops: translated means 'wet the bed' :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

I only ever knew them as wet the beds until I was in my mid teens! :D

Around my area, I can purchase dandelion leaves in the grocery store. Perhaps you could check specialty food shops when they come into season if there aren't any growing naturally near you?

Melndan said:
We get hundreds of the things here, I can't wait to introduce Smudge to them!!!!!!

When we were kids there was an old man who lived next door to us who never tended to his garden - the dandelions there were rampant (up to our knees). Every now and again we would go round and pick handfuls of dandelions for our rabbits. It kept our rabbits very happy and the guy next door was just pleased someone had weeded his garden. I don't remember them making our rabbits wee more, but then my Dad probably got the pleasure of cleaning them out afterwards. :oops:

Hi :D
Just be carefull, if your picking them from outside, make sure they havent been sprayed with weed killer, or any other chemicals by the council.
:(

Melndan said:
Ooh Cassie used to pee like a fountain after a handful of dandilions. :lol:

I won't be giving Albert any then!!!!!! He jumped on the sofa yesterday just to wee on my foot!!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :x :roll:

melaniejb said:
Melndan said:
Ooh Cassie used to pee like a fountain after a handful of dandilions. :lol:

I won't be giving Albert any then!!!!!! He jumped on the sofa yesterday just to wee on my foot!!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :x :roll:

Binky does that a lot too. Eveeytime he comes up to me, I always thinks he wants to be cuddled but it turns out he just wants to wee. He treats me like a toilet. :(

I never used to think that yellow dandylions and the fluffy wishinng upon kind were the same until about a year ago. :oops: heehee

Back