• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Toffee (as in Toffee & Treacle) Not good News

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
You may remember that Toffee & Treacle went to their new home and had to come back as their bond just broke down.
Toffee as just gone from bad to worse she bite me at every opportunity and is just dam right aggressive. I rang my vet for advice as I was thinking she was perhaps in pain and also thought it be best if I got her spayed, well it turns out it is not medical it is just her and speying won't make a difference as apparently it is easier for a rabbit to master bad behaviour than good. I have to give her peace and not to disturb her as much as possible and hopefully this should calm her back down, if it doesn't work after 7 to 10 days then remove her from the vicinity of other rabbits and try that, She said if this doesn't work then I may have a unhomeable rabbit, not that I would rehome her the way she is anyway as I would wish her behaviour on anyone. I think my vet was right as yesterday she didn't go for me once and also this morning she didn't go for me.
I am so lucky to have a vet that is really well up on buns

Unfortunately Toffee is being pts tomorrow as she a a tumour behind the eyes and their is nothing that can be done. This is obviously the dramatic change in her behaviour.

Unfortunately Toffee is being pts tomorrow as she a a tumour behind the eyes and their is nothing that can be done. This is obviously the dramatic change in her behaviour.

Omigod - i am so sorry, this obviously is the reason behond her behaviour...poor Toffee :cry:

oh poor little thing :cry: it's so sad when they can't tell us with words what it wrong or why they are behaving a certain way. I'm so sorry to hear this :cry:

So sorry Kay :cry: She was probably aggresive due to pain and loss of sight. Poor wee Bun :cry: :cry: . If only they could TELL us what is wrong. Hugs to you Kay :cry: :cry: Janex

OMG. i'm really sorry to hear this.

the poor little thing. she was obviously trying to tell you in the only way she could that something wasnt right.

best wishes for her at the bridge when the time comes and warm wishes to you and treacle.

aaawww so sorry to hear this. At least you know what happened to her behavious.. but so sad that nothing can be done :(

Back