• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit tunnel

tomjacob

Banned
I have fancied getting one of these for ages for Jacob and recent debate has made me even more keen. The thing is that I don't think I like the look of the nylon ones as look a bit slippy and I don't think Jacob would like it either.

I want a big one with holes part way but not nylon, more furry i think. I have looked on ebay but mainly nylon and I think the Pets at home is too. Am i being over concerned about the nylon? Jacob is sensitive to surfaces and it looks cold. Where can i get a big furry tunnel please?

Thanks.

Ive not noticed the nylon being a problem Quinn used to bomb through his tunnel at ridiculous speeds and i never noticed him slipping or anything like that - the girls dont go quite as fast but not had any problems with them either they adore the tunnel

Maybe I'm just a cheapskate... I made tunnels and caves for Chomper out of old cardboard boxes. Since she's an indoor bun, I don't have to worry about the weather ruining the cardboard. She loves them! The boxes give her a place to hide, and she can dig at the cardboard "walls" and "floor" as well. Chomper has a flair for interior decorating, which provides for hours of amusement; she's taken to rearranging her boxes in her room.

Perhaps after the spring thaw when we build her an outdoor run I'll invest in a nylon tunnel. Until then, it's cardboard all the way for us.

I agree with the cardboard thing. I bought mine two new hutches when we moved and made a cardboard tunnel from the box of one of the hutches - guess whihch they prefer!!! :? :? :?

I have one of those! Storm likes to sleep in it, so his head is out one end, his bum is out the other end and the tube looks like his body! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys! i've seen the cardboard short ones but always thought that they would roll about if you see what i mean? The same theory applied to the willow ones. I thought that length would also increase stability? Jacob has cardboard boxes as described which he does love and a cardboard house from the cardboard guy which he is in as we speak. i'm just an overdoting Mum who buys him too many toys because to see him happy and having fun makes me feel as though there is a reason for my being here.

:lol: Cardboard ones are ok as long as you jam them in, I have them wedged against the fence with bricks along the other side. They last surprisingly well outdoors too!

Awwww! I know what you mean, my buns have so many toys that I'm falling over them! :lol: I love spoiling my bunsters!
The tube from sph pet supplies looked kind of long and bendy, mine love the cardboard ones to chew and run through, same with the wicker ones. They only roll around if Storm is pushing them around ( which he also loves doing, especially if gypsy is inside! :shock: :lol: )

I bought this tunnel from the pound shop its not long but enough for my bunnys to have safe fun :D

100_0952.jpg

Your bun looks happy and heading right for it! lots of ideas, many thanks. I will avoid the ones with mesh, thanks for the warning. I cannot believe the amount of thinking and research that goes into ensuring Jacob is safe and happy! It's a full time job!

I’d avoid the fluffy ones. I’ve had two and although they went down a treat they were a fur magnet in addition to which my two ripped them to bits.

I currently have a long nylon one that is great. Fur doesn’t stick to it and the rabbits don’t rip holes in it.

Forget the ones with mesh. Mine lasted about two minutes.

Damien

Back