• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problems at night?

St3phanie

New Kit
Ok i have a story/question all in one lol. My bunny through the day is calm and laid back. As soon as i go to bed she is active and flips her stuff in her cage over. Since she is in my room it is very hard to get any sleep at all. Is this common? I would move her into our extra room but then im afraid she will think i abandoned her since she wont see me as much. Any suggestions? :oops:

I dont no what to surgest!My bunnys are always quiet at night,they lay down,Iv heard bunnys are active at night but not in my case and i have 6 bunnys here 2 are indoors :D

From what I've read, buns are most active at dawn and dusk and sleep during the day and night. Of course, each bun is different, and they will adjust to the schedules of their humans.

Perhaps you could try giving your bun other toys to play with? I bought some plastic chains (meant for birds, but safe for buns) from the pet store and Chomper has a blast flipping them about. Though that might not solve your problem with noise... hmm...

How about moving your bun's cage into the extra room and only putting your bun in the cage at night? During the day/when you're home, your bun could spend time in your bedroom, but then could be put into the extra room at night so you can get some sleep.

Daisy is noisy as hell during the night! She digs inside her cage and it is SO loud that sometimes I just want to cry! I'm so sensitive about my sleep (I'm a total insomniac, and when I sleep through the night it's a precious miracle :lol: ). I find that when I'm letting her run around if I put her in her cage just before I go to sleep, and make that her feeding time, she's a little bit quieter, at least giving me time to get to sleep!

Funny, I quite like a little bit of noise when I go to sleep (I grew up in a house that was about 3 metres from a main road, so I find traffic sounds really soothing :lol: ), but the digging sound just...it makes me itch with annoyance! Oh well, they're rabbits, can't blame 'em!

I would agree with right before you go to bed, let her out for a while and give her some attention. Then, when she goes in her cage give her some soft toys (that wont wake you up) for her to play with.

I have a bunny in my room, and he is the opposite of yours, he wakes me up in the morning!!! :x This morning he woke me up digging in his litterbox, chewwing on the bars, and knocking over his food bowls. I felt bad and wanted to let him out, but I was still SLEEPING :roll: :lol:

xxx

Mine make a little noise at night but quinn was a really noisy boy if he didnt get to come out for a few hours before bed

Binky used to make noises with his kabab holder by dangling it non-stop at night but then he went and ate the metal part that keeps it together so...he put an end to the noise himself.
:roll:

Lol. It wouldnt be so bad if i didnt get to bed at 11 everynight and have to get up at 4am =\. I try to give her all the attention i can, and i bought her a carrot that rattles when u move it. but she instead likes to play (tip over) her igloo house lol.

All three of my nethies are noisy towards the morning. They shuffle around in their cages and mak all sorts of noise. It gets kind of annoying, but I have gotten used to it.

Back