• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Rabbits Eat Peppers

runnybabbit

Alpha Buck
I know that when I got candy I was told a whole list of things that she couldn't eat and I know that Peppers (red, green and yellow) was one of them, I was told they would make her very ill.

Is this right. I have just been prepairing tea for the slow cooker and candy went mad as soon as I started on the Peppers, racing round and round my feet and standing on her back legs with her front feet on my legs.

Mine will eat green pepper but they don't go mad for them. Haven't heard they are bad for them though.

Can they eat peppers? Apparently so. Will Jacob...

NO!!!NO!!!NO!!

Jacob eats everything but peppers..yuck! I think it was the smell, he was appaulled and wouldn't go near the bit I gave him. An absolute fail, nul points, zero, no!

Any other questions?

some of mine will eat peppers green red and yellow (the greedy ones! :lol: ) , the others won't touch them! :roll:

Actually, Kahlo isn't as keen on the green ones as the red, yellow and orange ones! I think the green one's arent as sweet :roll:

touie said:
some of mine will eat peppers green red and yellow (the greedy ones! :lol: ) , the others won't touch them! :roll:

Greedy ones, that sounds like candy, she'll love them then.

Just been on a local market veg stall and the nice man gave me a whole bag of caulli leaves for candy..... free

Thanks everyone

Oh well, there's no point in me feeding Binky peppers. He's the fussiest rabbit in the world. He probobly won't like them. :roll:

i found our ne bun with a red chilli pepper sticking out of his mouth yesterday! I was terrified, though it would set his mouth on fire, but he didn't seem to be remotely bothered by it!

I don't think he's too bright this new rabbit, all fluff no brains!

bunnygolightly said:
i found our ne bun with a red chilli pepper sticking out of his mouth yesterday! I was terrified, though it would set his mouth on fire, but he didn't seem to be remotely bothered by it!

I don't think he's too bright this new rabbit, all fluff no brains!

:lol: Bless....

i would just make sure that any stalk or leafy type bits are removed first as peppers are in the solancea family, along with potatos and tomatos so i would also assume that any part of the plant except the actual fruit would be poisonous.
this is just assumption mind, i could very easily be completely wrong! :lol: :lol:

colliewoman said:
i would just make sure that any stalk or leafy type bits are removed first as peppers are in the solancea family, along with potatos and tomatos so i would also assume that any part of the plant except the actual fruit would be poisonous.
this is just assumption mind, i could very easily be completely wrong! :lol: :lol:

I'll take your advice anyway! :lol:

Back