• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly over! - Update - amputate

Lucymuss

Young Bun
Not sure I posted it on here, But poor Tinkerbell had a bit of trouble, and has broke her leg in two places :( It's ever so sad. I had to split her and her sister up, As her sister kept trying to rip the bandage off. They haven't been together for 8 weeks now. Although there can see, smell and hear each other. Next week the bandage should be coming off :D then it's bonding time again :roll: Here's a piccy of her. Ignore the sign!!! :oops:

poorlybunny1.jpg
[/b]

Tink's come back from the vets today, minus cast, she keeps falling over, and bashing into things. :( The vet said below the brake there is no blood flow down to her paw, they told me they may amputate (sp?) if no blood flow is occuring in the next two weeks :( If they do this will I be able to bond her and her sister again?? or will Missy be too vigorous if you get me?? Can bunnies cope well with only 3 legs?? :? :(

Hehe, she is a beaut.

This is going to sound stupid, but does anyone know what her legs going t be like underneath? lol :oops: I mean will it smell, and her fur be matted? :?

She is so cute and cuddly. I am sorry I can't help re when you get the plaster off but when we have plastered pigeons legs..no..they don't smell and we have cut all the feathers off before plastering. Please let us know how you get on

Hazel broke her back leg in a cat related incident and had to wear a cast for three weeks, when the cast came off there were no problems with the fur or the smell.

Hope she gets better soon. :( :love:

Aww no, Im sure she'll learn to cope on 3 legs, after all if the vets suggested it them they must be pretty positive about it, Sounds like u have fab vets, sure many couldnt be bothered with putting a cast on etc, let alone amputating! Keep us updated, and Good Luck to the pretty little lady xx

Lucymuss said:
Can bunnies cope well with only 3 legs?? :? :(
Yes they can!! Especially if it is a FRONT leg they loose. Here is my three legged Bunny Cerys. OMG can she run fast :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Jane ad Buns xx
rabbits079.jpg

Back