• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 days old!!!

colliewoman

Mama Doe
bebes002.jpg

its not the best piccy, but here they are. there are 4 of the little beasties and i appear to have an orange one :shock: :shock:
i am in love :D

that may be because aspen isn't a first time mum. at the farm i rescued her from it looked like all the does were bred. she said she always had babies available :(
looks like aspen wanted to be a mum once more, and at least this time she gets to keep her babies!
i still cannot get over the difference in aspen!!!! she even came up the ramp in her crate to come and sniff me today!!

have a peek at my signature, birch the daddy is the spotty rex on the far left, aspen the mummy is the blue/grey/smoke pearl (dunno what the correct name for her colour is!) rex on the far right.
as to where orange comes into it is beyond me, but then i dont understand the whole genetics thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

colliewoman said:
have a peek at my signature, birch the daddy is the spotty rex on the far left, aspen the mummy is the blue/grey/smoke pearl (dunno what the correct name for her colour is!) rex on the far right.
as to where orange comes into it is beyond me, but then i dont understand the whole genetics thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

It could have been one of their grandparents with orange hair...

colliewoman said:

Amber had babies before i got her, she had one pure white one, a long haired black one, a brown agouti and two the same colour as her! They were all gorgeous though :D

SO YOU HAVE REX BABIES :love: :love: Beware of a bunny napper from SW London in a couple of months!! An ORANGE REX :love: :love: Sorry, I'll calm down now..... :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

yes jane they are indeed rexlets!
and vicki, well....... 4 is such a convenient number for pairing off dont you think?
so...... medlar can live with larch,
aspen and birch can continue there (now) obvious longing for each other :shock:
and the little ones can either stay as a group (with certain pieces removed!), or go into 2 pairs.
so that means i can have just the four homes to keep clean and tidy!
i am having 3 eight foot hutches built , if ever my mate comes to finish them.
perfect for the rex pairs. i also have a 4 foot hutch with a nice large run attatched that medlar and larch can live in. and by the time the warm weather arrives my 20 foot bunny garden should be finished, so they can all have a good couple of hours binkying time each every day! in the case of manky weather, they can play in the out house.
hmmmmmm that means my four 42" and one 48" converted dog crates will suddenly be vacated, i could even foster for someone once all the bonding is completed!
some of the more experienced may be able to help me with this question, once any boys in the litter are neutered, is it possible to bond them with birch and live as a family group? that would be fantastic as then i could join the 8' hutches together with ramps and they could have a hooooge hutch to share!

Back