• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Upset tummy

tomjacob

Banned
For the last couple of days Jacob has had a bit of an upset tummy. He is well, bouncy, eating, drinking etc, no change behaviour wise. He is going to the loo normally, it isn't matting round his bum but it is fairly loose, not liquid though.

I have stopped greenstuff, he will eat a bit of hay but not lots so can't really do just hay as he will be hungry. He has this afternoon been having a good hay nibble.

He has Russel rabbit carrot and leak, I know not good, but he won't eat anything else though today I bought him science selective to try though i won't until he is 100% tummy wise.

is there anything else I should do. Should I be at the vets?

He is sunbathing at the mo, seems absolutely fine in himself, not tonnes of upset stuff but enough for me to notice and worry a bit.

Thanks.

Hiya. As Jacob doesn't eat much hay he may well have some small spurs on his molar teeth. A bun will often get runny poos when they have oral discomfort. Perhaps a trip to the Vets to check Jacobs teeth might be a good idea. As he is still bright and eating/drinking I dont think he sounds to be in lots of pain but maybe his mouth is a bit uncomfortable if there is a sharp bit of tooth that catches his cheek/tongue now and then. You could try adding some probiotic to his water but from what you describe I suspect his problem is not in his Tum but in his mouth. Jane and Buns xx

Back