• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth Problems...Pics needed for project

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone got pics of teeth problems, I’m specifically looking for over grown front teeth where owners haven’t taken the bun to the vet, I don’t suppose anyone knows or has a pic of a spur?

Any photo's I receive are to be used in a diet presentation, detailing the effects of feeding the incorrect diet, i.e. not enough Fibre.

Thanx

Gem x

Ditto what I said in your other thread, I have x-rays of Fern's jaw. You can't see spurs but you can see the problems with the roots growing downwards and the sockets being loose.

I don't know if this is relevant to the angle of your presentation, but if it is let me know and I'll see if I can get the x-ray scanned in.

Don't know if these are any good, these were Squishy's teeth before he had them removed. They had been clipped before this photo - the bottom incisors are positioned in front of the top incisors which had led to them growing right up to his gums, before I took him home and got them sorted out!

squishteeth2.jpg

squishteeth.jpg

squishyteeth.jpg

I had one as bad as that last year, the top teeth had gone into the mouth and got tangled with the bottom and the rabbit couldnt open his mouth :cry: . val

Thats brilliant Karly!

Thanks Sola, I've got the ones of Wally.

Your ones are great, thanks Val!

I took these of Rosie and Rowan before they saw the vet:
Rosie's:
She had only two top peg teeth and one wonky bottom tooth
singlefronttooth.jpg
singlefronttooth2.jpg

Rowan's:
He had overgrown front teeth and wonky bottom teeth:
overgrownmishapenteeth.jpg

Rosie now has no teeth at all - the vet removed the bottom one, and she came back from her spey with her peg teeth loose and they came out. I reckon they dropped her :x But she is extremely hard to hold :roll: They should have told me though :x

Rowan now has a very twisted front bottom tooth that I will take a pic of for you. His back teeth are awful too and he will only eat softened pellets. Last time I looked at his back teeth there was a spur going towards his cheek but the otoscope knocked it off, the tooth was just crumbly :? I'm not sure how to take pics of those though, it is hard enough to see them :roll:

id say this was a defiante teeth problem....

ugly.jpeg

:D

on a more serious note......

If you google image search you get some excellent pics and links to sites that talk about teeth probs and include pics.....

good luck

Back