• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its been a year...

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Its been a year since I lost my first bun charlie. Its been a year since I last saw his cheeky, young face. Its been a year since I was able to think about him, and not begin to cry.
Its been a year.

DSCN1347.jpg

Charlie's Story-

Charlie came to me as an eight week old baby "girl" from a petshop. "she" was my first bun, and I didn't know any better. Aspen'n'Company also got a bunny, Charlie's sister, Aspen. Charlie and his Aspen were the best of friends for about two months, until we found out my little "girl" was really a boy :shock: :oops: And, as you might as well have already guessed, 30 days later we had 6 little bundles of love. They were named Oliver, Willie, Bear, Ashlee, Crumpet, and Simpson. These little bundles of joy were our lives for the eight weeks they were all with us. Then, Simpson & Crumpet left us to go to new homes, and we kept the other four. Charlie and Oliver were with me, and I had learned so much about rabbits since when I first got charlie. So, I decided it was time to get Charlie neutered. The operation went great and he came home with me that afternoon.
But, three weeks later Charlie left us. We dont know what it was, or how it happened, but he left. His life was cut so short, and he passed just 4 days before his 1st birthday.

Charlie1.jpg

During this past year I've lost Charlie, but have gained 2 new buns. :D They have fought illnesses, but have survived each time. Charlie is their angel. During the past year I struggled with my family more than I ever did before, and Charlie was my angel. During this past year I have found myself, my purpose, and Charlie was the angel guiding me through it all.
Charlie- My angel.

charliebun.jpg

Rest in peace Charlie- You will always be remembered xxxx
Love, Mommy.

P.S- sorry about the bad quality pics, didn't think he would be leaving me so quickly :cry:

What a lovely tribute. That's brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful bunny.

aaawww! :cry: I know how much it hurts to loose a bunny. I lost my first bunny Bilbo last year, and I always feel like he's still my angel. He was my angel when he was here and he's my angel from afar, just like your angel Charlie. If I say more I will cry my eyes out :cry: thinking of you, binky free Charlie bun xx

Its just been so hard to let go, you know? This past year, everytime I think about him I tear up. In the middle of class, in the middle of the night, anytime I think about him. I know I should be greatful for the joy he brought into my life during that short time, but its so hard to think about that when you are wondering about what life would be like if he was still here :(

HS and sparklefairy- Thank you so much for your lovely replies! With out you all I would be a mess!!

xxx

It will always hurt a little but it will get easier.
I still get choked up over my dogs, I lost 12 & 7 years ago but remembering the good times you had together helps.

I still cry about Bilbo 7 months on. It is very hard :cry: I always feel like he should still be here too :cry: it took me this long to write a tribute to him here as it just hurt too much. you are not alone xx

Oh im sorry he was such a gorgeous bun - i hope my Quin will be my angel like charlie is to you

::::hugs:::: i know how much it hurts to lose a pet you love so much and i also know what its like not having the greatest quality pics because "we can always take some better ones tomorrow"

Quinn said:
Oh im sorry he was such a gorgeous bun - i hope my Quin will be my angel like charlie is to you

::::hugs:::: i know how much it hurts to lose a pet you love so much and i also know what its like not having the greatest quality pics because "we can always take some better ones tomorrow"

Quinn will be a lovely angel.
Thanks so much for your kind thought. I'm feeling a bit better now. About an hour ago I started smiling, even laughing because I remembered some of the funny little things he used to do. Its good to laugh, to remember.

I remember one day, I was in the bunny room and he was out on the floor. I had a glass of water (with a straw in it) that I was drinking, and it was on the floor. Then, Charlie snatched the straw out of my cup, and started binking around the room like a mad bun with it in his mouth. I put it in his cage, figuring he would chew the rest of it up, but he held on to that straw and loved it until he left me.

xxx

Awww, you've gotten me all teared up! I do miss Charlie bun so very much. He was such a great bun and it is such a shame he left us so early.
Binky Free little one!xxx

PS: the straw is what got me :cry: :cry: :cry:

what wonderful stories you have told about your much loved bun. time goes by so fast but they will always be in our hearts.

lots of love to you and the memory of charlie.

Back