• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor hutch cleaning regime...

peediepixie

Mama Doe
What should mine be? How often should I be changing bedding, total strip down and clean etc?? I don't have my buns yet so just checking so I get it right when I have them, they are 2 medium sized lops. Hutch is 5' x 2' x 3' :?

I clean litter trays daily, Have a good sweep up and clean other areas about twice a week and 'disinfect' (use natural cleaning stuff and a scrubbing brush!) once a week. Will proabably increase that in the summer.

A lot depends on where they mess, when you first get them they are likely to take a week or so to settle down and before you can work out where the litter tray should be. Play it by ear and see what happens. I have some I need to do a whole hutch clean out two - three times a week, others can go for the week with alternate day litter change empties with a weekly clean out on a Friday.

There is no right or wrong, just what works for you.

Janice

I usually clean Molly's dirt tray out each day and the rest of the hutch when it looks like it needs doing which is usually once a week.

Lynda

Back