• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what should i do now ?

gina paul

Mama Doe
bailey and gizzy (male neutered brothers) have been apart for 4 months now but are only seperated by a wire fence and can still see and smell each other . I,ve noticed ther last few weeks that they are lying next to each other with the fence dividing them and have also noticed that they are grooming each other through the fence . what now ? they got neutered in october at 3 months old but started fighting in nov . We also had an episode in dec when gizzy got into baileys bit and ended up with a fat lip !! They have been together since then (with me there) and they don,t fight but I always think the potential is there (maybe i,m just imagining it tho ??? . I,m thinking of trying them together now as the signs look good but what if all hell breaks loose again . i really don,t know what to do ??
Could the hormones still have been raised in nov , dec and might it be ok now ?

Their hormones will have calmed down completely by now, and it does not sound as if they hate each other :) I would try again in neutral territory and see how it goes, keeping a careful eye on them.

doorkeeper said:
Their hormones will have calmed down completely by now, and it does not sound as if they hate each other :) I would try again in neutral territory and see how it goes, keeping a careful eye on them.

i,m terrified tho :roll:

Choose a time when you can spend time with them. I do bonding in the bathroom and stay in there with the rabbits and a book until I am happy that things are safe.

I don't know if this will help you, but my two live in my bedroom. After a week of neautral ground and when Gypsy had stopped being bossy I let Storm out of the cage at night. As it is my sleeping area, I thought if there was any scuffles I would be woken up and be able to stop it. They were fine though.

sparklefairy said:
I don't know if this will help you, but my two live in my bedroom. After a week of neautral ground and when Gypsy had stopped being bossy I let Storm out of the cage at night. As it is my sleeping area, I thought if there was any scuffles I would be woken up and be able to stop it. They were fine though.

they have their own bedroom divided in two . I suppose I could bring them into my room for a night to see if all hell breaks loose but as I have a 8am start it would be best to leave that one for a weekend :lol:

Back