• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 Pairs.......

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Drum and Flora who only met yesterday and are so in love :love:

DF.jpg

although they groom each other constantly, whenever I got the camera ready they stopped!

FlaDr.jpg

and a lovely one of Drum wondering if he can manege to jump over the fence!
Dr.jpg

Holly and Twizzle, who also only met yesterday and are not in love :( . At the moment they are tolerating each other......no flying fur but no grooming either....fingers crossed

HaT.jpg

TaH.jpg

And , these 2 live together but got seperate piccies
Pepper

Pepper.jpg

and Salt
Salt.jpg

they are both looking at my dogs!

Awww they are all adorable, Holly and Twizzle just look like they want to take their relationship a little slower before making that commitment, I'm sure it won't be long before they are all lovely and snuggly!

aarggh what lovely bunnies. I'm looking for a male bunny for my female dutch I hope they get on that well and that quickly!

Lynda

Thanks Jill! Give them a cuddle from me! The plans for the run are ready I've just got to build it now :D

/

twilightpagan said:
They met yesterday??they look well bonded up,did they fight at all or not??? :D

Nope ..Drum tried to mount Flora a few times then when he ignored her she got flirty with him! :shock: :D After about an hour they were grooming each other..left them in the run for approx. 5 hours...they were still grooming away..so put them in hutch together for night ...Was a double decker so they had space to get away from each other if they wanted to...checked on them at midnight and again at 6 this morning and ....they are in love!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holly and Twizzle ..not so easy..had to seperate them last night...but they were better today :D

/

Marie Drum and Flora are in the "bargain hutch"..he used the best bits from both and approx. £25 worth of other wood/hinges to make one double decker hutch!..It's deeper and taller and stronger floors and walls....and no ramp..he put in a shelf for them to get up to top...to give more space on ground floor......It's actually very good! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow!

Wow thats great!! I could barely handle one bonding per 3 months...I dont know how your handling 2 bondings in one day!!!! Great job however your doing it!! :lol:

xxx

/

the way I find easiest is to put them in a big run...and let my 2 dogs out in the garden....as long as the buns aren't really scared of dogs, most are used to them when they have been with me a while.....the buns are distracted by watching my 2 dogs..who always play and run about but don't bark much..so don't frighten rabbits too easily....
Also toys in the run and a couple of boxes to jump in and out of.....this seems to work :D

I think that's how my two boys bonded. Joey could always get away if necessary. :D
Smirnoff is Boss with other rabbits, but a bit shy around people or in slightly stressing situations - so he usually ends up pleased to have Joey around.

Jill - is Flora big or is the Rex small? Flint is about the third the size of my rex Chocolate.

Back