• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lots of poo!!!!!!

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I got some different hay for the buns
I clean there litter trays every evening,when i got home from work last night,all the hay id put in ,in the morning was gone and there huge litter was full of poo!
Ive never seen them do so much,there huge golden poos there doing is this good or bad?

It sounds good to me! I don't have much experience but I'm delighted to see lovely big healthy poos in our litter trays!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Now I've found a meadow hay my buns love, I've been getting much more poos (and they've all been much bigger). I think it's just a sign that they're eating more hay and getting more more fibre in their diet, which is a good thing

mine are barely eating any at the moment - it all goes to waste! £25 a bale from WWW I am not amused :roll:

bluebunny said:
elve said:
mine are barely eating any at the moment - it all goes to waste! £25 a bale from WWW I am not amused :roll:
Well elve mine is £1.50 a bale and the love it :)

ahh but you need to factor in the cost of running a car - Although for£25 a week I could probably run a truck :roll:

elve said:
bluebunny said:
elve said:

ahh but you need to factor in the cost of running a car - Although for£25 a week I could probably run a truck :roll:
I cant drive :? ive got it from work,they have just started keeping horses there

elve said:
well in that case you're a very lucky woman :D
Yep :) i was paying £3 for a bag before from a farmshop that lasted 4 days
Cause i cant get a bale home im taking it as i need it!

/

Marie large golden poos are a very good sign! :D My permanent buns (except Thistle who will not eat hay) all do mountains of these poos!
£1.50 is a good price....mine costs £3.25

Re: /

honeybunny said:
Marie large golden poos are a very good sign! :D My permanent buns (except Thistle who will not eat hay) all do mountains of these poos!
£1.50 is a good price....mine costs £3.25
Well alfie still wont eat it :?
truffles poo has gone much bigger :shock: :lol:
Now they have horses here they buy about 20 bales at a time which is why they get it so cheap
wheres yours from?

My hay is dust-extracted. I get about 30 bales at a time, delivered, for £1.50 per bale. For my Horse & bunnies :D

bluebunny said:
elve said:

Ditto! :D Well, its a bag, but not a bale! I buy 3 a week, and all our fluffies love it! :D

Back