• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lloyd and jessica - at it like rabbits!

AmyG

Alpha Buck
well i picked up lloyd last night and let him and jessica sniff each other. I put them in a cage together to get aquainted. He took one look at her, and within 5 seconds he had mounted her!!! I quickly pulled him away! Brazen husseys i tell you, they had only just met! Will call a vet today and book an appointment for him to be castrated :love:

BLIMEY!! :shock: Hope Jessica has been spayed.....!! If not she may well now be pregnant. Last week we found out bunnies can 'do it' through the bars of a cage :oops: :shock: :shock: If Jessica is not spayed and you are not able to provide care and ensure good homes for a litter of several kits then maybe you could get Jessica spayed this week to prevent a possible pregnancy proceeding to full term. Yes, rabbits do breed like...Ermmmmmm.... RABBITS!! :roll: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

AmyG said:
well i picked up lloyd last night and let him and jessica sniff each other. I put them in a cage together to get aquainted. He took one look at her, and within 5 seconds he had mounted her!!! I quickly pulled him away! Brazen husseys i tell you, they had only just met! Will call a vet today and book an appointment for him to be castrated :love:

My friends rabbit got pregnant in about 3 seconds. She had a litter of 13. It doesn't take long. (although Caramel was subjected to 7hours from Cracker, & stayed baby-free)

to be honest i doubt their bits got anywhere near each other. As soon as i saw that tell tale sign of him grabbing her neck to climb on board, i seperated them. Jessica was thumping her foot all evening, i think she was annoyed with me for ruining her romantic evening!
Have just booked Lloyd in to be castrated. does anyone know how soon after the op they can live together?

6 weeks after a male is neutered. He can still father kits up until then.

After a female is spayed she needs 10 days or so to recover before she can be introduced to a male (for first time, less if they are bonded).

Could you get them both done at the same? Saves splitting them up later :D

6 weeks?? :eek: wow! thats so long! I thought it would be a week at most!
i cant really afford to get them both done at the same time, i get paid weekly. I will get her done at some point though, in a month or so.
She freaked out when she saw him yesterday though, ran to the other side of the room! do you think they will bond? i hope so :?

It does sound good so far, if they haven't been fighting - though obviously for two unneutered/spayed animals it's instinct to mate so it may not necessarily be a sign that it'll work out. I wouldn't put them together again until the 6 weeks are up though as buns can breed in an instant.
If you get paid weekly, is there any way of you saving enough to have her spayed in the next couple of weeks? Say you got her done a fortnight after he has his op, that still gives her 4 weeks to heal and recover and then as Angie said, it saves having to split them up when she's spayed (as she will need time to recover and the male may still be a little bit frisky with her if they've only just been bonded)

I will ask the vet how much it costs and then work it out, but yeah it shouldnt be too much of a problem, and if it means they can snuggle up together earlier then fab!
I think Jessica will bond, she seems to have bonded with me! Every time i put her on the floor to explore my living room, she leaps onto the sofa and falls asleep on my lap!

My old vet used to give me a discount if I booked two in a same time (even if I booked them in for different days). My new vet has given me a "bulk" discount for having 10 bunnies! So I told Blokie, I only got so many so we could SAVE money!!! :lol:

AmyG said:
to be honest i doubt their bits got anywhere near each other. As soon as i saw that tell tale sign of him grabbing her neck to climb on board, i seperated them.

Thats just what happened when I let my two meet for the first time :shock: I now have two babies left out of a litter of four from that brief encounter :shock:

well fingers crossed mine isnt pregnant! at 20 I am waaaay too young to be a nan!
:roll: lets home my naughty bunnies didnt do the deed! How much does castration cost? When I had my last bunny George (now in the big hutch in the sky :( ) it was about £40? that was about 10 years ago though. is it more now or does it vary? and is there a difference in price with girls and boys?

I pay £30 for a neuter & £35 for a spay, but I also get either 10% or 15%discount off that (can't remember :oops: )

I like your style - your excuse to your blokie for having so many is the discount you get! mine hates the bunnies. Jessica jumped onto him last night and went "urgh get this horrible thing off of me!".
I got a bit narky the other week when he was making jokes about "rabbit pie" and reffering to the buunies as "stew, here stewwy stewwy!" grrrrr :evil: [/quote]

it makes me very sad. in the past month of me lookign to adopt an animal i have been offered 5 guinea pigs and 4 rabbits. all needing a good home. what is the best thing to do, other than saying no, is there any other way i can help these unwanted animals out? :(

Back