• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Giraffe

Cyberbunny

Alpha Buck
Hi all, I hope you don't mind my posting this on Rainbow Bridge, but I feel so upset about this.

A week ago Monday, Kizi a female giraffe at Paignton Zoo in Devon gave birth to a lovely baby and there were photos of them in the local paper.

Then a fire broke out in the elephant house and the keeper managed to save all, except Kizi and her baby, who died from smoke inhalation and the worst thing is the police think is may have been arson. The father, Paddy is left all alone now. I cried when I read it, it's horrible to think that someone did that on purpose, I hope they are caught and strung up, it's no less than they deserve.

I hope Kizi and her baby are together at Rainbow Bridge now. I can't type anymore as I'm starting to cry again.

Cyberbunny said:
Hi all, I hope you don't mind my posting this on Rainbow Bridge, but I feel so upset about this.

A week ago Monday, Kizi a female giraffe at Paignton Zoo in Devon gave birth to a lovely baby and there were photos of them in the local paper.

Then a fire broke out in the elephant house and the keeper managed to save all, except Kizi and her baby, who died from smoke inhalation and the worst thing is the police think is may have been arson. The father, Paddy is left all alone now. I cried when I read it, it's horrible to think that someone did that on purpose, I hope they are caught and strung up, it's no less than they deserve.

I hope Kizi and her baby are together at Rainbow Bridge now. I can't type anymore as I'm starting to cry again.

I have to add a bit on here, it turns out it was an electrical fault and not a person that did it. It does not make it any less tragic though.

Back